• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader installs files into the installation file's folder instead of where it's supposed to be

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the command I have in the batch file:

msiexec.exe /a AcroRead.msi /p AcroRdrDCUpd1901020069.msp /qb /norestart ALLUSERS=1 EULA_ACCEPT=YES SUPPRESS_APP_LAUNCH=YES DISABLE_ARM_SERVICE_INSTALL=1 DISABLEDESKTOPSHORTCUT=1

Whenever I run it, it installs the files in the folder where installation files are and not in its proper places. The person who packaged the previous version had:

msiexec.exe /i AcroRead.msi /qb /norestart ALLUSERS=1 EULA_ACCEPT=YES SUPPRESS_APP_LAUNCH=YES DISABLE_ARM_SERVICE_INSTALL=1 DISABLEDESKTOPSHORTCUT=1

But that didn't install anything at all.

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't done this, but isn't that what /a is supposed to do? It isn't to install the package so far as I can see. Administrative Installation - Windows applications | Microsoft Docs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way I can use /i instead of /a and still use the msp file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two step?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try something basic like this first as a test:

msiexec.exe /i C:\Users\labuser\Desktop\AdobeReaderDC\AcroRdrDC1500720033_en_US.msi /Update C:\Users\labuser\Desktop\AdobeReaderDC\AcroRdrDCUpd1800920050.msp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines