Highlighted

Adobe Server Setup Tool --incemental issue with IIS (resolved)

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just sharing.

I set up an internal update server following the guide Use the Adobe Update Server Setup Tool (AUSST) for IIS on Windows 10.

The first day, I could install and update Adobe application through the apps tab.

I set up a nightly task to update the internal server (AdobeUpdateServerSetupTool.exe --root="..." --incremental)

The next day, I got a 404 error on the apps tab.

It appears that  the Adobe Update Server Tool deleted the "web.config" in the "ACC\services\ffc\icons" folder.

As a workaround, I put all the directives in web.config at the root level with "location" tags.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<configuration>

<system.webServer>

<staticContent>

<mimeMap fileExtension=".dmg" mimeType="file/download" />

<mimeMap fileExtension=".sig" mimeType="application/octet-stream" />

</staticContent>

</system.webServer>

<location path="ACC/services/ffc/icons">

<system.webServer>

<staticContent>

<mimeMap fileExtension="." mimeType="text/xml" />

</staticContent>

</system.webServer>

</location>

<location path="ACC/services/ffc/validation">

<system.webServer>

<staticContent>

</staticContent>

</system.webServer>

</location>

</configuration>

Hope this will help!

Hi again,

You can simply download it and place it in the mentioned locations use this KB for complete details. - Use the Adobe Update Server Setup Tool (AUSST)

~Rohit

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Server Setup Tool --incemental issue with IIS (resolved)

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just sharing.

I set up an internal update server following the guide Use the Adobe Update Server Setup Tool (AUSST) for IIS on Windows 10.

The first day, I could install and update Adobe application through the apps tab.

I set up a nightly task to update the internal server (AdobeUpdateServerSetupTool.exe --root="..." --incremental)

The next day, I got a 404 error on the apps tab.

It appears that  the Adobe Update Server Tool deleted the "web.config" in the "ACC\services\ffc\icons" folder.

As a workaround, I put all the directives in web.config at the root level with "location" tags.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<configuration>

<system.webServer>

<staticContent>

<mimeMap fileExtension=".dmg" mimeType="file/download" />

<mimeMap fileExtension=".sig" mimeType="application/octet-stream" />

</staticContent>

</system.webServer>

<location path="ACC/services/ffc/icons">

<system.webServer>

<staticContent>

</staticContent>

</system.webServer>

</location>

<location path="ACC/services/ffc/validation">

<system.webServer>

<staticContent>

</staticContent>

</system.webServer>

</location>

</configuration>

Hope this will help!

Hi again,

You can simply download it and place it in the mentioned locations use this KB for complete details. - Use the Adobe Update Server Setup Tool (AUSST)

~Rohit

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Participant ,
Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

mathiasb40321913​ Very good catch! Thanks for sharing, that's solve our same issue.

Thanks again,

Christian.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mathiasb40321913​ and Chre ,

Whenever you perform a fresh sync, web.config gets deleted, because fresh sync deletes everything from the synced folders on the server and creates them again, Which is precisely why we recommend incremental sync and not fresh each time

~Rohit

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re,

rpandita​ : we have made an incremental sync, not an fresh sync. And whenever, we've lost our web.config file.

And when it was deleted, how can we recreate it? For us, we have restore file from previous backup.

Thanks for informations.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

~Rohit

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Chre LATEST
Participant ,
Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rpandita

Ok, thanks, I found the link for download web.config file in your AUSST documentation.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines