• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Update Server Tool returns code 2

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to setup an Update Server with AUSST 3.0 on an smb mounted network drive named z: using Windows 8.1.

Setup was done using this Creative Cloud-Hilfe | Verwenden des Adobe Update Server Setup Tool document.

The AdobeUpdateServerSetupTool.exe was copied to z:

After the the inital setup with the following commandline

AdobeUpdateServerSetupTool --root="z:\aust" --fresh about 55G of data were downloaded to the server without the signs of any error. But when i try to run

an incremental, i get the following error:

Z:\>AdobeUpdateServerSetupTool --root="Z:/aust"

Choose one of the following options  :

1. Fresh Synchronization.

2. Incremental Synchronization.

3. Generate Client Configuration XML.

4. Migrate to an In-House Server.

5. Exit.

Your choice: 2

Incremental Synchonization chosen.

Internal error occured.

AdobeUpdateServerSetupTool returned with code: 2.

For more information refer AdobeUpdateServerSetupTool.log at C:\Users\tkempf\App

Data\Local\Temp\ .

After that the updaterfeed.xml files are renamed to updaterfeed.xml.tmp.

No matter how often i try to run the incremental, it always stops with error 2

Can anybody help me with this ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2015 Nov 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well at least i think i found a workaround. After Enabling the Debug Log, i  found that the Updater complains about not being able to rename files, because files with the same names are already present.

When the updaterfeed.xml is already present, then it ends with error 2

After deleting the existing updaterfeed.xml files it looks as if it runs fine, but it complains about each and every xml file found:

11/27/15 08:49:42:051 | [DEBUG] |  | AAMEE | Utilities | AUSST |  |  | 3860 | GDE Error. [error code: -100] [extended error code: 0] [error description: Failed to rename the file as there is already another file with that name present]

After i deleted all xml files in all subfolders manually, it ran without any errormessages and exited with state 0.

Is this a bug or do i really have to delete all xml files manually before running AUSST ? It's not mentioned anywhere in the docs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How to enable the debug log?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines