• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD requiring login with Enterprise Install (serialized)

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2016 Nov 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just built and downloaded the latest version of XD and deployed (we had no choice as the previous version had expired).  THe previous version worked as expected with our setup -- we have the enterprise/educational serial number based deployment.  The newly built version does not launch directly, but instead requires an Adobe ID based login that's authorized for XD to work.

Is this a known issue?  This is causing us problems and we need an immediate solution.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 01, 2016 Nov 01, 2016

Adobe XD requires a named user sign-in.

Also, packages built on the Enterprise Dashboard need to be named-user. It is not possible to build serialised packages on the dashboard (it is with the Creative Cloud Packager).

Find answers to frequently asked questions on download, install, setup, and upgrade of Adobe Experience Design.

Adobe XD (Preview) release doesn’t support offline deployment with a CCE serial number. Customers must use named licensing deployment to access Adobe XD. We currently supp

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also just to be clear I built this pkg brand new earlier today from the Adobe Enterprise Dashboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe XD requires a named user sign-in.

Also, packages built on the Enterprise Dashboard need to be named-user. It is not possible to build serialised packages on the dashboard (it is with the Creative Cloud Packager).

Find answers to frequently asked questions on download, install, setup, and upgrade of Adobe Experie...

Adobe XD (Preview) release doesn’t support offline deployment with a CCE serial number. Customers must use named licensing deployment to access Adobe XD. We currently support all three identity types (Adobe ID, Enterprise ID, and Federated ID).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That FAQ is old.  I was told by our Adobe rep they had changed this requirement and we have been using it successfully in the labs for the last 2 months under a serial installation. 

I have an installer I built on Sept 27 that worked perfectly and was being used until it timed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And another install I built on August 27 that worked perfectly until it timed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Enterprise Dashboard can only build named-user packages, not serialised, and this has always been the case.

To build a serialised package you must use the Creative Cloud Packager. I tested with the mac packager and it is not possible to build a serialised package containing XD (the app does not appear in the list). Only a named user package can be built.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but again old information.  You can use a serial number package (built with CCP) along with ANY of the packages built on the dashboard and it allows the named based installers to work perfectly with the serial.  Except for XD as of this latest release because the last 2-3 versions did work properly using this method.  There are a couple of limitations on this as you don't get services as part of it (but I think this is more a limitation in the educational license than it is with the dashboard builds).

Another interesting thing to note in case you don't know about this either ... is that you can switch from a named based installation to a serial based installation, and back again, by simply installing and/or removing the serial number package built with CCP and the whole suite behaves accordingly.  You can also now have a serial based install AND still have the CC desktop app (in mac that's the one that lives in the menu bar) and it can even have escalated privileges so that non-admin user accounts can run updates (if you choose to allow them to, another option you can select in the dashboard but not in CCP).

ALL of this info came directly to me from my adobe rep or other adobe support online and these are all things we have done since July of this year using the    dashboard.  I'm sorry to say but I find it a bit disturbing that I, as a user of the product, know more about this than the people who are supposed to be supporting the product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. The FAQ is correct. I just discussed this with the XD product manager who confirmed that XD is a named-user only product, this is because the sharing/collaboration features of XD are central to its use. Any serialised use is not supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using XD since it came out and it has never required a sign in.  Now suddenly it want's a log in and that's a real problem because I'm not really prepared to enter our enterprise credentials on 80 lab computers and just leave them logged in.  This computers are running on the Mac platform and as I said, this has never been an issue until this new version popped up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using XD since it came out and it has never required a sign in.  Now suddenly it want's a log in and that's a real problem because I'm not really prepared to enter our enterprise credentials on 80 lab computers and just leave them logged in.  This computers are running on the Mac platform and as I said, this has never been an issue until this new version popped up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

As previously stated, XD is a named-user only product.

Can customers use a serial number to deploy Adobe XD (Beta) for offline use?

Adobe XD (Beta) release doesn’t support offline deployment with a CCE serial number. Customers must use named licensing deployment to access Adobe XD. We currently support all three identity types (Adobe ID, Enterprise ID, and Federated ID).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines