• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects + Sierra + Network Accounts disaster...

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Our department is having SERIOUS issues with Adobe CC and network accounts when we migrated to macOS Sierra.

THIS WILL BE A DEAL-BREAKER FOR US and our department cannot be recommending Adobe products if Adobe doesn't fix this issue with network accounts. I will recommend this posture to the Regents of the CalState Edu if this issue persists.

At this point Apple is pointing to Adobe so I am posting here to see if anyone else has this issue:

When using macOS Sierra client and a network account (home directories served from macOS Server 5.2), Adobe CC After Effects, Premiere Pro, Audition all crash or freeze upon launch.

After Effects does this:

IMG_1429.JPGAA

We think the Adobe apps cannot somehow access the network user's preferences folder.

When we revert our Client computers to 10.11.6, Adobe works.

When we use 10.12.3 Clients, Adobe crashes.

How can we mitigate this under macOS Sierra?

I posted this same question in the After Effects Discussion. It seems more folks are having the same problem. Any other academic folk using network accounts?

Best Regards,

GREG PENETRANTE 

IT Consultant / Adjunct Professor  Theatre, Television & Film Department  San Diego State University

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A month later and the newest Adobe updates are still broken under network-authenticated users and/or network home directories. What makes Adobe so special that it cannot/will not run under network-authenticated accounts?

Despite Adobe's market dominance in this sector, I cannot recommend students run Adobe software under these conditions in our labs. How are other universities handling this? Network accounts are great for security, deployment ease and versatility. We don't really want to resort to local-accounts just for Adobe products...

Best Regards,

GREG PENETRANTE 

IT Consultant / Adjunct Professor

Theatre, Television & Film Department  San Diego State University

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines