• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AUSST not offering all Updates

Explorer ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm quite new to AUSST and I'm trying to implement it. I have following questions:

Can anybody please explaine how RUM decides which update is necessary? Also how does AUSST verify that the Update is in his storage? How is it possible if I setup an fresh AUSST and start RUM there is no Update shown. 5Minutes later i recheck direkt with the adobe update servers and see there are 10 Updates. This is not good.

PS: The setup-process of AUSST is not the best. Initial-Sync for only 250GB of files took me over 3 days and then there are many errors (remaining aamd-files etc). Also the Incredemental-Update is not the best.

TOPICS
Enterprise

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Thank you very much for the further explanation.

Then I unfortunately have to realize that using an on-premise server is almost impossible. I have to rely blindly on a software that promises to keep my internal clients up to date and if this doesn't work properly in the test environment, the rest is more than questionable.

Not every company is able to simply blindly make the Adobe endpoints freely accessible to every user, so that you can get an online update.

Here are a few ideas, maybe a devel

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

If you have AUSST set up and configured on the end-users' machines, running RUM will only show the updates which are available from the AUSST server (e.g. if you have not recently synchronised, you won't necessarily see the latest updates).

RUM can only install minor updated, e.g. Photoshop 21.0 -> Photoshop 21.1.2, not major updates from one year's release to the next - for this you would need to create a package if you have disabled application management within Creative Cloud Desktop.

You can create filters, either on the command line of the AUSST tool, or by passing it an XML file, which will restrict the applications synchronised to a list of apps and/or versions. You can be fairly specific, although it's not currently possible to synchronise only the Windows or Mac versions.

If you have just synchronised your AUSST server, then running RUM on an end user's machine will show that it's up to date if the latest versions are installed. 

I hope this is useful.

Dominic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Dominic,

Thank you for the explanation. This helps me a little bit.

Then how can I be sure that my AUSST is up to date. I have been updating my AUSST for several days now. Several runs every day and still not all updates are downloaded and displayed?!?

The display that "x items were incorrect" is not really helpful. With 373 items that have to be downloaded, going through the log is a bit more than complicated.

I have to be able to rely on the product and if I notice during the test runs that some products are missing, then this is not really good. My Testmachine now shows 3 Updates (horray!!!).

Is there now a way to find out the faulty packages afterwards and synchronize them individually?

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

unfortunately, there is no way to sync part of the directory unless you define specific packages to be available for all users (or groups), which would make only those packages available for use.

If you are seeing download errors in the AdobeUpdateServerSetupTool.log file in %TEMP% or ~/Library/Logs/, I would suggest checking the file DLM.log in %TEMP%\CreativeCloud\ACC\AdobeDownload\ or ~/Library/Logs/CreativeCloud/ACC/AdobeDownload/ for relevant information, or logging a support case and providing the full diagnostic archive from the Log Collector: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Dominic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for the further explanation.

Then I unfortunately have to realize that using an on-premise server is almost impossible. I have to rely blindly on a software that promises to keep my internal clients up to date and if this doesn't work properly in the test environment, the rest is more than questionable.

Not every company is able to simply blindly make the Adobe endpoints freely accessible to every user, so that you can get an online update.

Here are a few ideas, maybe a developer will take a look at this:

*Output of a list, which updates are now fully available for the clients
*Output of a list of the faulty updates
*Possibility to update only faulty elements again
*Possibility of live log output per parameter (e.g. --Log="Path") - So you also know how far the update is (Processed 2 out of x items), if you work with script or task scheduler.
*Automatic retry if no new "working thread" can be created due to lack of RAM.

EDIT

*Add a posibility to Upgrade Major Versions

/EDIT

EDIT2

*Add a posibility to Filter available Plattform eg. Mac or Windows

/EDIT2

These are just a few ideas/improvements.

I will close this thread here.

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines