Highlighted

AUSST Server - forced update of clients

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a continuation of this conversation here so as to keep the topics neat

The one thing I'm not seeing from the on-premise AUSST server is an actual way to force the clients to update. It seems like a passive function, which if you leave auto updates enabled on your clients (and those clients are configured to use the on-premise server) then just update your server occassionally with 

AdobeUpdateServerSetupTool --root="/serverroot/updates/Adobe/CS" --incremental

would your end points be updated (eventually) and that is only after forcing out the override file, which, oddly isn't as straightforward to deploy as you would expect. 

I've managed to copy the file down and using ARD I've pushed out the override file to a test workstation (still waiting for the server installation to complete), but even this system seems hoky as there is no way to force the endpoints to update. 

With the Adobe RUM tool, you can push out incremental updates, but not the major version changes (I understand why), but this is incredibly convoluted. 

Topics

Deploy and package apps, Enterprise

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

AUSST Server - forced update of clients

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a continuation of this conversation here so as to keep the topics neat

The one thing I'm not seeing from the on-premise AUSST server is an actual way to force the clients to update. It seems like a passive function, which if you leave auto updates enabled on your clients (and those clients are configured to use the on-premise server) then just update your server occassionally with 

AdobeUpdateServerSetupTool --root="/serverroot/updates/Adobe/CS" --incremental

would your end points be updated (eventually) and that is only after forcing out the override file, which, oddly isn't as straightforward to deploy as you would expect. 

I've managed to copy the file down and using ARD I've pushed out the override file to a test workstation (still waiting for the server installation to complete), but even this system seems hoky as there is no way to force the endpoints to update. 

With the Adobe RUM tool, you can push out incremental updates, but not the major version changes (I understand why), but this is incredibly convoluted. 

Topics

Deploy and package apps, Enterprise

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?