• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AUSST - Upgrades vs updates (2019->2020)

Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As students report they are unable to open documents in the college with which they worked at home, it seems that they have upgraded their version to 2020 at home while we have deployed 2019 in the college with an AUSST server delivering updates.

In the past AUSST 'delivered' updates so that students (non-admins) could install them. However, major version upgrades could not be completed and we would have to update the template image and re-deploy. So we must re-deploy the image at various points during the year (when Adobe release a new major version).

Currently if I try to update (from the template machine using the Desktop app) I am getting a 125 error (unable to contact server) but think I might be wasting my time troubleshooting this as perhaps the AUSST will not deliver the upgrade software.

Do I need to revert the template machine to getting updates from the Adobe servers (so remove the AUSST config file), update the template and re-deploy the clients?

If above is not the case, should I troubleshoot the 125 error as the clients 'should' be able to do version upgrade?

In either event, will I need to do a full sync of the AUSST as there might be something wrong with its files?

TOPICS
Deploy and package apps , Enterprise , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for reaching out.

We may require some additional information to investigate the issue.

It would be great if you can raise a support case from your Adobe admin console and we can get an engineer aligned to your query addressed.

You can raise a support case by following the KB article below or by navigating to the support tab of your Admin console and clicking on " Create Case "

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/enterprise/using/support-and-expert-services.html

Once a case has been c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the meantime, I am proceeding with upgrading the template machines and then re-deploying rooms.

FYI - renaming/deleting the copies of AdobeUpdates.Overrides that were placed within ProgramData and Common Files allowed the Desktop application to upgrade the software versions on the template machines (I didn't have to reboot or relaunch desktop software). Initially, when still pointing to the AUSST server, the desktop application detected that upgrades were available but failed to download them - so that is now 'resolved'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for reaching out.

We may require some additional information to investigate the issue.

It would be great if you can raise a support case from your Adobe admin console and we can get an engineer aligned to your query addressed.

You can raise a support case by following the KB article below or by navigating to the support tab of your Admin console and clicking on " Create Case "

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/enterprise/using/support-and-expert-services.html

Once a case has been created, we will ensure one of engineers will get in touch with you at the earliest

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines