• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can no longer remove users from my team

Explorer ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else experiencing this change of functionality?

Having always been able to add or remove team members on a monthly basis we can no longer do that and in attempting to were told by Adobe that all team members are now 1 year contracts 'billed monthly' and we'd have to pay 50% of that 1 year subscription fee to remove a user!
The whole thing that was good about creative cloud for teams was the ability to expand and contract licenses as needed.
Even more annoying is that Adobe support outright lied to us and said that has never been possible. Well we've been doing it for a long time adobe.

(I know this isn't where to talk to adobe support I just want to know if this is happening to everyone as it's pretty big deal)

TOPICS
Manage account , Teams

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Hi Morgan,

I have now done the test and removed myself from our teams all apps plan. As expected all my apps went to trial. I then assigned my free license to a different id and that worked like a charm. Signed in and could use all the apps again.

What I did, is as it is intended to be used. Take the license away->license goes to the pool of free licenses->attribute to a different user.

What is not possible with a teams account is to "contract" licenses on the fly (take away from your license pool)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the first time I hear this. I will look into this for my part.

Discussion successfully moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Deployment for Creative Cloud for Team, Enterprise, & CS

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looping in alisterblack for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Morgan,

I have now done the test and removed myself from our teams all apps plan. As expected all my apps went to trial. I then assigned my free license to a different id and that worked like a charm. Signed in and could use all the apps again.

What I did, is as it is intended to be used. Take the license away->license goes to the pool of free licenses->attribute to a different user.

What is not possible with a teams account is to "contract" licenses on the fly (take away from your license pool). If you take away a user, you will have a remaining free license to attribute. The license will stay in your pool until the end of your contracts term, where you can ask to adjust the number of licenses.

Expanding is possible on the fly and the new license is available until the contract's annual renewal (so probably not a full year). At the annual renewal, all licenses will renew if not cancelled before for a new term of one year.

That is as it used to be since we acquired the teams license two years ago.

Up to my knowledge it is not possible to take a monthly teams license. If that is the need I suggest you need to take individual monthly licenses.

[Edited for clarity after posting]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2019 May 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abambo,

Thanks for looking into this, we have always been able to add and remove users from our team on the fly, I've gone back and checked our accounts online with adobe and you can see from month to month the bill varies by how many users we have in any given month. The manage my group page now no longer even has a remove user button so I guess we have a slightly different system to you. Don't worry about though I'm only really having a rant at Adobe who have broken a perfectly good management system for financial gain although in our case we will be using them less and moving our compositing at least to Fusion which works out way cheaper and is node based (which I like)

Thanks for your time☺

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2019 May 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. You may have had a grandfathered plan as it works now for you as described when I took my teams license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines