• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't click on anything on creative cloud, photoshop won't open

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just bought a new MacBook Pro and moved everything over from my old MacBook Air. Lightroom has opened fine and well but photoshop won’t open past the splash screen. 

I went onto the creative cloud to see if it needed updating or anything and I’m not able to click on anything on the adobe creative cloud app at all, I’ve searched and it seems to be an issue with the new MacBook Pro’s. On a forum, they were able to solve this by speaking to someone on adobe live chat who gave them instructions on how to resolve this. So I went to do the same but because my adobe account is one with University, I’m not able to access the live chat as it says I should “contact a member of your organisation that’s the designated contact for issues with adobe” 

My tutor doesn't know who I should be contacting, is there a way to fix this without the live chat or a way I can access the live chat with a uni account?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

moving/migrating is problematic with adobe programs.  you need to properly install.

try and undo what you've done then properly install the cc desktop app and use it to install your programs.  the best way to proceed is to roll back your migration and remigrate everything but the adobe programs.  then properly install adobe's cc app and use it to install your programs.

second best, would be to try the following, but it might make more of a mess than you currently have and you'll still need t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

moving/migrating is problematic with adobe programs.  you need to properly install.

try and undo what you've done then properly install the cc desktop app and use it to install your programs.  the best way to proceed is to roll back your migration and remigrate everything but the adobe programs.  then properly install adobe's cc app and use it to install your programs.

second best, would be to try the following, but it might make more of a mess than you currently have and you'll still need to follow the first suggestion.

uninstall every cc app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html
then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html
clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html
check for, and if available, update your os
restart your computer (don't skip this)
reinstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

if you can't use the cc app to uninstall the cc programs, delete them all and then uninstall the cc app etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your response, my issue now is my old laptop is at home (back at uni house now, was home for easter) so I can't redo the process. I can't uninstall the apps from the CC as I can't click on anything. If I uninstalled everything from the applications folder on my laptop and reinstalled do you think this would work? I'm becoming desperate now as I have deadlines this week and need the use of PS to complete this.

I'm concerned (as LR is currently working), that if I uninstall everything and it doesn't work still then I will lose access to all software at this crucial time.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Default, please try the suggestions offered by Kglad.  Migrating/copying applications to an M1-based Mac computer is even more problematic if we offer M1 versions of the program.  I would highly recommend following his suggestions, starting the migration process, and only moving documents and settings to the new computer.

For more information, see https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/apple-silicon-m1-chip.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your response, my issue now is my old laptop is at home (back at uni house now, was home for easter) so I can't redo the process. I can't uninstall the apps from the CC as I can't click on anything. If I uninstalled everything from the applications folder on my laptop and reinstalled do you think this would work? I'm becoming desperate now as I have deadlines this week and need the use of PS to complete this.

I'm concerned (as LR is currently working), that if I uninstall everything and it doesn't work still then I will lose access to all software at this crucial time.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Charlotte, if you don't have access to the old laptop, follow the instructions from Kglad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My creative cloud apps will not open

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

more info is needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines