Highlighted

Can't free up team licenses in Creative Cloud

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm wasting a lot of time on the seemingly trivial issue of freeing up a couple of "team" licenses that were registered to devices in our department, maybe someone here has done this before?

Problem: the 3 existing licenses we own show up in my admin console overview but there's no "assign users" option. Under "products" I already deactivated the existing devices so I see "0/1" for Illustrator CC and "0/2" for InDesign CC, implying that no licenses are assigned. The original devices show up under "deactivated devices". I created a new team member with a new AdobeID, but I can't find any way to assign these licenses to either the new user or their device.

Steps so far: I removed the registered software and the Creative Cloud App from the original device using the local uninstall tools on that machine. I added the software to a new device using a team deployment package created in the Team Admin Console. I added InDesign and Illustrator via the Creative Cloud App. I can start the software in trial mode, but I can't see any way to assign the existing licenses to the new user or machine.

Thanks for any help!

Hi,

Can you clarify whether you have Device licenses or Creative Cloud for Teams licenses.

Device licenses license the device and not the user so you do not add the user. See Create packages with Adobe Creative Cloud for education device licenses

If you have a Creative Cloud for Teams  or Enterprise license then you license the user. For details of adding the user see Manage your teams membership

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't free up team licenses in Creative Cloud

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm wasting a lot of time on the seemingly trivial issue of freeing up a couple of "team" licenses that were registered to devices in our department, maybe someone here has done this before?

Problem: the 3 existing licenses we own show up in my admin console overview but there's no "assign users" option. Under "products" I already deactivated the existing devices so I see "0/1" for Illustrator CC and "0/2" for InDesign CC, implying that no licenses are assigned. The original devices show up under "deactivated devices". I created a new team member with a new AdobeID, but I can't find any way to assign these licenses to either the new user or their device.

Steps so far: I removed the registered software and the Creative Cloud App from the original device using the local uninstall tools on that machine. I added the software to a new device using a team deployment package created in the Team Admin Console. I added InDesign and Illustrator via the Creative Cloud App. I can start the software in trial mode, but I can't see any way to assign the existing licenses to the new user or machine.

Thanks for any help!

Hi,

Can you clarify whether you have Device licenses or Creative Cloud for Teams licenses.

Device licenses license the device and not the user so you do not add the user. See Create packages with Adobe Creative Cloud for education device licenses

If you have a Creative Cloud for Teams  or Enterprise license then you license the user. For details of adding the user see Manage your teams membership

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification. Looks like we had device licenses as you guessed, so the solution was to remove the installed software, create a new package in the standalone package tool for devices rather than teams, install the new package and the software automatically activates, no need to use the admin console.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines