• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you create a MAC deployment package on a Windows PC?

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a new CC administrator. Last week I looked at all of the on-line help pages for creating and deploying packages. Included on the Create Packages menu screen shot shown was a Platform option, Mac or Windows.  Today I start to build my packages and the menus are different from shown and it appears I can only build the installation package that matches my OS.

Has something changed since the on-line help pages were created?  Can I create and download Mac versions on my Windows PC?

[Moved to Enterprise forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Hi Rick,

You will see the change and probably get a notification via your Admin console.

~Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rickp_at_csu ,

Yes you can but not using the Creative Cloud Packager on the OS itself, you can do it via the Admin Console.

Under Deployment - Creative Cloud tab

Click on Create Package.

Capture.PNG

~Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It must be getting late in the day.  I am on the Admin Console page, looking under Admin Tools, Deployment and I see four steps, with number 2, Packages, offering the CCP Installer in Mac or Win. 

Deployment.jpg

I'm guessing this isn't the right place as it doesn't look like your screenshot, but I can't find anything more promising.

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Your console is different than mine as Mine is for Enterprise and seems like yours is for Team, hence the difference.

~Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm in the Teams area.

There must be some method for doing this in a mixed environment without needing two computers.

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

We are already working on it and the option to create a package online might be available to Both Enterprise and Team organization, however as if now there is no option apart from using two different machines.

~Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Luckily, I will not need the Mac install package for a number of weeks.

Will I get a notification via this forum post if this option becomes available?

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

You will see the change and probably get a notification via your Admin console.

~Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this functionality available yet? I need to create a Windows install package from my Mac machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

If you have access to the enterprise Admin Console you can create either Mac or Windows packages via the Packages tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines