Highlighted

Can you install Adobe Acrobat Standard DC on a Windows 2012R2 Domain Controller as a shared printer?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you install Adobe Acrobat Standard DC on a Windows 2012R2 Domain Controller as a shared printer?

I tested Adobe Acrobat DC (Free Trial Version) on Windows Server 2012 R2 Workgroup and was able to set it up as a shared printer, successfully printing from a Windows XP laptop. 

Installing Adobe Acrobat DC Standard to a Windows 2012 R2 Domain controller, I am able to set it up as a shared printer, but all of my Windows 7 client print jobs return as "Your file waiting to be printed was deleted". I do see in my Devices and Printers "Adobe PDF on SERVER (redirected 2).

Local PDF printing from the Server works just fine.

Is the functionality I'm expecting unsupported?

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested Adobe Acrobat DC (Free Trial Version) on Windows Server 2012 R2 Workgroup and was able to set it up as a shared printer, successfully printing from a Windows XP laptop. 

Installing Adobe Acrobat DC Standard to a Windows 2012 R2 Domain controller, I am able to set it up as a shared printer, but all of my Windows 7 client print jobs return as "Your file waiting to be printed was deleted". I do see in my Devices and Printers "Adobe PDF on SERVER (redirected 2).

Local PDF printing from the Server works just fine.

Is the functionality I'm expecting unsupported?

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 12, 2016 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating and correcting my own post, the following is statement was in error:

"I tested Adobe Acrobat DC (Free Trial Version) on Windows Server 2012 R2 Workgroup and was able to set it up as a shared printer, successfully printing from a Windows XP laptop."

The result was produced by Acrobat being previously installed as part of Adobe CS2.  My apologies for this misleading and erroneous statement.

Non-the-less, it would be helpful to know the answer to the question "Is the functionality I'm expecting unsupported?" or to ask  it another way, is print sharing with Adobe PDF supported?

Thanks again, -Allan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 12, 2016 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat comes with a single user license, so sharing is not viable.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 13, 2016 0