Highlighted

Cannot create a proper .pkg for Mac and Jamf

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, whenever I try to create an installer package for Macs through the Adobe Admin Console it no longer comes out correct.  I'll get a .zip file, open it up, find my installation .pkg file and if I run it on my Mac it will install, but when I copy it over to our server to be pushed out through Jamf, any machine I copy it to will only see it as a directory rather than a .pkg file as it does with everything else.

I have created packages for MacOS before with no problems, but now I seem unable to.

If I download the package onto my PC I get a zip file with the various files included, if I download it on my mac a get a zip file that has a package downloader inside and THAT will download the various bits including the .pkg file.   Either way, it's been a no go.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-JB

Hi JB,

We have had one more user report this issue to us which is currently under investigation by our product engineering. In order to help with our investigation, can you please confirm the version of Mac OS on the target machines where you're deploying these packages?

Also, during deployment through JAMF, are you able to access the following location on a client machine: /Library/Application Support/JAMF/Downloads/<packagename>.pkg.unzip/Test_Install.pkg/Contents/Resources/ASU_5.0

Best Regards,

Ankit Singh

Topics

Admin console, Deploy and package apps, Enterprise

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cannot create a proper .pkg for Mac and Jamf

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, whenever I try to create an installer package for Macs through the Adobe Admin Console it no longer comes out correct.  I'll get a .zip file, open it up, find my installation .pkg file and if I run it on my Mac it will install, but when I copy it over to our server to be pushed out through Jamf, any machine I copy it to will only see it as a directory rather than a .pkg file as it does with everything else.

I have created packages for MacOS before with no problems, but now I seem unable to.

If I download the package onto my PC I get a zip file with the various files included, if I download it on my mac a get a zip file that has a package downloader inside and THAT will download the various bits including the .pkg file.   Either way, it's been a no go.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-JB

Hi JB,

We have had one more user report this issue to us which is currently under investigation by our product engineering. In order to help with our investigation, can you please confirm the version of Mac OS on the target machines where you're deploying these packages?

Also, during deployment through JAMF, are you able to access the following location on a client machine: /Library/Application Support/JAMF/Downloads/<packagename>.pkg.unzip/Test_Install.pkg/Contents/Resources/ASU_5.0

Best Regards,

Ankit Singh

Topics

Admin console, Deploy and package apps, Enterprise

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 01, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JB,

Best Regards,

Ankit Singh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2019 0
jbozema5 LATEST
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ankit,

I appologize for failing to respond before now.

The problem is that the Adobe Admin Console presents me with a downloader tool that then downloads a folder with "Build" and "Exceptions" folders inside it, along with a .ccp file.  The installer and uninstaller .pkg are in the "Build" folder, but when I take the installer .pkg and move it to out Jamf server (or anywhere that uses a Windows file system) the .pkg is treated as a folder rather than a file.  Which makes it unusable in Jamf.

The .pkg will run and install fine on my Macbook, it's just any situation where it has to be moved to a Windows-based server.

If I have a .pkg for something that I build with Autopkg, Firefox for example, that .pkg will be treated as a file and NOT as a folder on a Windows machine.

Up until a few months ago I feel like the Admin Console gave me useable .PKGs.

Thanks,

-JB

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 08, 2020 0