Cannot Publish Third Party Updates in SCCM

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using SCCM 2010 and enabled Third Party Updates.  Added custom catalog: https://armmf.adobe.com/arm-manifests/win/SCUP/ReaderCatalog-DC.cab    

When I sync the customer catalog I get this error in the SMS_ISVUPDATES_SYNCAGENT.LOG file:

 

SyncUpdateCatalog: **** Warning: Catalog is old format, no content certificates are included and updates will not be deployable until certificates are trusted. ****

 

I have seen several posts concerning the catalogs but can't find a definitive asnwer on which catalog to use.  Is there a new catalog I can use for my updates?

 

TOPICS
Enterprise, Teams, Troubleshooting

Views

182

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Community Beginner , Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021
Problem was with Reader updates only but has been resolved by adding a new subfolder to the WSUSCONTENT folder

Likes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to overcome the catalog error by adding the Adobe cert to Trusted Publishers.  Now when I try to publish one of the updates I get this error in the SMS_ISVUPDATES_SYNCAGENT log:

SyncUpdate: Exception HRESULT: -2147467259

I've searched on this error and cannot find any useful information.  Has anyone experienced this?

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kindly confirm if you are facing issues in updating Acrobat Reader only or other creative cloud applications.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the delay in my response.  We are only using third party updates for Reader.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem was with Reader updates only but has been resolved by adding a new subfolder to the WSUSCONTENT folder

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@colinc22239829 - what do you mean it's resolved by adding a new subfolder to WSUSCONTENT? how does adding a new subfolder resolve a no content certificate being included? i mean i'm willing to try whatever, but some further input on your method, ie. did you give this subfolder a certain name, or did you have to direct downloads to this folder; would be greatly appreciated. 

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It turns out that I was slightly mislead by Microsoft and I was remiss in not documenting this a little better.  I had set the WSUSCONTENT folder to drive:\Updates\WSUSCONTENT.  SCCM creates a WSUSCONTENT folder in the default content folder so the result was a folder named drive:\Updates\WSUSCONTENT\WSUSCONTENT.  Third party updates require a folder in the content folder by the name of "UpdateServicesPackages" where the CAB file is stored during the Publish procedure (the actual update is downloaded to the WSUSCONTENT folder.)  The additional WSUSCONTENT folder was causing SCCM to become confued.  I completely renamed the content location to drive:\WSUS using the WSUSUTIL,EXE MOVECONTENT command from an elevation command prompt on my SCCM server.  The result is a WSUS folder with two subfolders: WSUSCONTENT and UPDATESERVICESPACKAGES.  As soon as I made this change I was able to publish, download and deploy Reader updates with no problems.  I have only had to publish 2 udpates but the process is now working flawlessly.  Once I had my content folders straightened out I went to Software Updates and selected Publish on the needed update.  Vefified the update publised in the SMS_ISVUPDATES_SYNCAGENT log.  Then I ran a manual update sync from the SCCM console.  At that point the icon for the update changes from blue to green.  You can then download and deploy the update like normal.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines