Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Desktop App asks user to sign in after previous user signed out

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm a computer lab manager at a college, and our lab runs Creative Cloud for Education (Device Licenses) for several Mac computers.

When a student signs in to the Desktop app (then signs out after use), something happens to the license so that when the next student tries to sign in and launch an Adobe product, they get a pop-up window that says to either register the product, or start a seven-day trial.

The internet connection is good, which we test by opening a browser and accessing the internet.

I am able to reset the device license with a license package I created through the CC Packager program, but it can be rather annoying when this happens on a constant basis... especially when the whole idea behind the device license, is to allow different users to sign in with their Adobe ID so that they can access items in 'their personal cloud,' such as special fonts from Typekit.

Is there any workaround to allowing multiple users access Adobe products on a computer that has a device license, without them signing in/out and causing the license to revert to a trial license? The users need access to their personal Typekit accounts, so they do need access to the cloud through the desktop app.

Any solutions out there?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Hi,

The device license will license the machine and not the user. When that user signs in, an entitlement check takes place and can override the device license. So what has happened to you would be the expected outcome.

I would not recommend combining the device license and named user methods and when deploying you may want to omit the Creative Cloud Desktop App.

There will be a new solution for EDU labs announced in the next few months.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The device license will license the machine and not the user. When that user signs in, an entitlement check takes place and can override the device license. So what has happened to you would be the expected outcome.

I would not recommend combining the device license and named user methods and when deploying you may want to omit the Creative Cloud Desktop App.

There will be a new solution for EDU labs announced in the next few months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We saw the same behavior in our labs this year. One option was to run the licensing tool at every login or logout, so that the apps become re-seralized after a user logged into the Desktop App. The second option, which I elected to take, was to remote the Desktop App from the lab systems. The apps still allow an individual to sign in for asset syncing and the like, but does not overwrite the serialized license. It's a bit of a pain because you don't have a single place to sign in for all apps, but it seemed to work for the most part.

This seemed to be a change from the 2017 Creative Cloud Desktop App, which did allow users to sign in and did not overwrite the device license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, I thought we were the only ones experiencing this... glad to see this isn't an isolated issue with just us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. I do hope the EDU solution comes soon... students are having to bring their personal computers to class/lab (instead of using the lab computers) to be able to access cloud services such as Typekit, so it can be a bit cumbersome for them.

Is there any type of mailing list that we are able to sign up for, so that we can be made aware of any updates to EDU license-related issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe will be pro-actively reaching out to let existing customers know regarding the labs solution when it is announced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines