Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC revert to trial

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I am experiencing a very common issue, it seems: after being able to work without issues with the Creative Cloud suite, it turned into a Trial-only mode, although my subscription hasn't expired.

Verification process:

- check my subscription: done.

- deconnecting, uninstalling CC, reinstallation from the website, reconnecting, update apps: no change

- Stop Adobe Creative Cloud from opening in trial mode after purchase :  no change

- Troubleshooting FAQ: What should I do if I have a membership but my app is acting as if I have a tri... : no change

- Limited access error in Creative Cloud for desktop app : no change

- Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems : no change

- Resolve connection errors with Adobe Creative Cloud and Creative Suite applications : the LimitedAccess Repair Tool didn't work, and I have access to secure sites; when trying Reset the hosts file manually, I couldn't as I have no hosts file. The only files in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc are :

hosts_bkup

lmhosts.sam

networks

protocol

services

None of these files contain the word "adobe".

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I use the CC to work and I am stuck with this issue.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Damien

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Hi

My problem is solved!

I indicate here the process that has been sent to me by Adobe, which solved the issue.

The success may have been caused also by the suggestions of Tanusree and Alister, all adding up.

Note that if you have an issue which looks like mine, I reckon you should first try out all the solutions that I mentionned in my first post ("Verification process").

Also, I am adapting the answer from French, some small errors may remain. None of this looks like crucial changes anyway.

Finally,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Damien, Moving this thread to Deployment for Creative Cloud for Team, Enterprise, & CS​, experts here will be able to assist yo better and quick as you have a Creative Cloud fro teams license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ---r70603275,

As you have already followed almost all troubleshooting steps, please try to give full permissions to All Adobe folders.

You need to give full control to the below mentioned folders and on each folder you need to do right click on Adobe folder - Properties -Security - Edit -Full control for all attributes- then Add Object Everyone - give full control to that -Click on Ok and Apply.

The folders you need to do this on :

1. C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe

2. C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe

3.C:\ProgramData\Adobe

Let us know if this works !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tanusree,

Thanks for your help.

I just tried your proposition and the problem is still present.

During the process you suggested I encountered the following errors.

1. C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe

The application of the Everyone permission reported 1 error (after which I could continue to apply the modification):

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 11.0\Resource\CMap

Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied"

2. C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe

The application of the Everyone permission reported 1 error (after which I could continue to apply the modification):

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX

Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied"

The modification of the third folder (C:\ProgramData\Adobe) went fine.

Thanks,

Damien

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone

Does anyone have another suggestion for me to try?

Thanks a lot!

Damien

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you try the following:

1. Ensure you are using the correct Adobe ID - if added to the dashboard as Federated ID or Enterprise ID make sure you are choosing the 'Enterprise' option when logging in.
  2. Sign out and sign back in to the software by going to Help>Sign Out
  3. Make sure you are connected to the internet
  4. The opm.db file contains cached user login information and deleting this file is a useful troubleshooting step. Once deleted a fresh file will be automatically created when you launch Creative Cloud and log back in.
    • Close the Creative Cloud application.
    • Navigate to the OOBE folder.
      Windows: [System drive]:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE
      Mac OS: /Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE folder
    • Delete the opm.db file.
    • Launch Creative Cloud.

Outside of this, are you in a corporate environment where the firewall may be blocking access to endpoints at Adobe? If so have the IT Admin check this document - https://helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/help/attachments/Creative_Cloud_for_enterprise_Service_Endpoints...

Failing that I would log a case with Adobe support who can check if there is any error with your Adobe ID. https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html - Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alister,

Thanks for your answer.

1- "Ensure you are using the correct Adobe ID - if added to the dashboard as Federated ID or Enterprise ID make sure you are choosing the 'Enterprise' option when logging in."

I don't really understand your question. The usual way to log in (appart from logging into the CC soft) is through the website on the top-right corner. FYI, after checking View Federated ID event logs to know what your were refering to I tried logging into the Admin console, without result (no permissions).

I have used the soft with the same login credentials before the issue occurred, so I guess they're not related to my problem...

2- "Sign out and sign back in to the software by going to Help>Sign Out"

When clicking on Help in Creative Cloud my browser opened the Adobe website, without being connected.

That could mean that the two are not linked, but when I tried to install a software from the my profile on the Adobe website it switched fine to CC.

3- "Make sure you are connected to the internet"

Done.

4- "The opm.db file contains cached user login information and deleting this file is a useful troubleshooting step. Once deleted a fresh file will be automatically created when you launch Creative Cloud and log back in."

In "AppData\Local\" there is no Adobe folder. All the hidden files are on display on my computer.

"Outside of this, are you in a corporate environment where the firewall may be blocking access to endpoints at Adobe? If so have the IT Admin check this document -

https://helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/help/attachments/Creative_Cloud_for_enterprise_Service_Endpoints... "

I will take a look and forward it to my IT admin.

"Failing that I would log a case with Adobe support who can check if there is any error with your Adobe ID. https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html - Contact Customer Care​"

Those two links refer to the same page. The latter does not seem to be useful in my case as you cannot report on the Creative Cloud software itself.

Thanks,

Damien

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you using the Creative Cloud Desktop App? Please try to log in there rather than the browser.

If you don't have it please go to this link.

If you reach out to our support team via chat they should be able to assist you with finding the folder mentioned above.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes I am only using the CC desktop software.

I will try the chat tomorrow, hope it will be available (I checked a few times, it was closed).

I was supposed to be called by phone by one of your colleagues, who never did. For more information regarding this contact me on PM.

Thanks,

Damien

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

My problem is solved!

I indicate here the process that has been sent to me by Adobe, which solved the issue.

The success may have been caused also by the suggestions of Tanusree and Alister, all adding up.

Note that if you have an issue which looks like mine, I reckon you should first try out all the solutions that I mentionned in my first post ("Verification process").

Also, I am adapting the answer from French, some small errors may remain. None of this looks like crucial changes anyway.

Finally, to be precise, I mentionned above that I didn't have a hosts file. I created one out of the hosts_bkup one (duplicating the latter and changing the name). That creation itself did not change anything, but may have influenced the result of the process below.

1) Display all the hidden files on your computer:

http://is.gd/windows_hidden

2) Delete the following folders:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\SLCache

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\SLStore

C:\Programs\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE     

C:\Programs\Common Files\Adobe\AAMUpdaterInventory    

C:\Users\<your name\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE

C:\Users\<your name>\AppData\Local\Adobe\AAMUpdater

C:\Users\<your name>\AppData\Local\Adobe\AAMUpdaterInventory

NB: if the file is used and cannot be deleted, reboot your machine using a clean boot before deleting them :

- see http://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

(NB: I personnally ended all the Adobe processes in the Task Manager)

3) Empty the trash (very important).

4) Download and install the Creative Cloud software:

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/desktop-app.html

If the installation is freezing at around 42%, delete the following folder and retry installing:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\caps

- In the top-right corner click on the blue message "Download".

- Your brower will allow you to save the file.

- Once downloaded on your computer, right-click on the file and select "Run as Administrator".

- The installation of the Creative Cloud Desktop Manager begins.

Manual: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-desktop.html

Thanks everyone for your help,

Damien

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the only thing that worked for me after one whole day of fighting with this program. Thank you for this detailed response, you were more helpful than Adobe so-called "support". Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank yoooouuuu! This is the ONLY thing that worked spending all day trying to get Lightroom off the "Free Trial" mode even though I have the subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines