Highlighted

CC user login is deactivating Machine Licenses

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have been wrestling wit this for several years now. We have multiple machine licenses that frequently require support from our staff. In order install updates, staff members login into their CC user accounts which seems to deactivate the machine license. This leaves us chasing down and attempting to re-activate machine licenese which doesn't always work. So we're left in a loop of using a user license to access the software and not knowing when we can switch the machine back to a machine license.

This seams like  pretty dumb flaw in the licensing function. Is there a way to run a license server on our domain server that our machine licenses will always see? Is it possible to have both valid licenses running on the system. When the user logs out of the CC account, it would simply refer/revert to the machine license.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

CC user login is deactivating Machine Licenses

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have been wrestling wit this for several years now. We have multiple machine licenses that frequently require support from our staff. In order install updates, staff members login into their CC user accounts which seems to deactivate the machine license. This leaves us chasing down and attempting to re-activate machine licenese which doesn't always work. So we're left in a loop of using a user license to access the software and not knowing when we can switch the machine back to a machine license.

This seams like  pretty dumb flaw in the licensing function. Is there a way to run a license server on our domain server that our machine licenses will always see? Is it possible to have both valid licenses running on the system. When the user logs out of the CC account, it would simply refer/revert to the machine license.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 11, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if you have device licenses or serial numbers.

With the new Shared Device License this isn't an issue anymore as user sign-in is a designed part of the licensing.

There are also other alternatives to get machines updated. You could build a package with updates and roll that out to the machines or use Remote Update Manager, maybe in conjunction with an internal update server.

Packaging User Guide - see the Managing Updates section.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2019 0
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Thanks for the quick reply. We have a volume serial that I run on each machine after installation using the deployment tool. I don't do network deployments for CC. I'm a video guy - not an IT guy.

I was not aware of the "Shared License" change.  I just found it non my admin page.

I will begin migrating our 20 machines to the new Share Device License" option and follow up later in the week.

Thanks for pointing this out!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem. Note that Shared Device Licensing is only for the CC 2019 apps and those that will follow.

So if you need to use CC 2018 and earlier you will still need to use your serial numbers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2019 0