Highlighted

CC Volume licenses designated as "Perpetual"

Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually help out in the Adobe Photoshop forums. Sometimes I'll ask someone with a CC product for a System Info report on their software. I'm used to personal licenses designated as "Subscription" just above the serial number in the report. On occasion I will see a Perpetual designation and the user tells me he has an "Enterprise" or "Volume" license which is why it's marked "Perpetual".

So I want to ask any Adobe Enterprise license holder if that's what should show up. We sometimes get those who slip in a modified amtlib.dll to cheat the Trial version and "Perpetual" or "Volume" shows up. We really don't want to help anyone with hacked software, but if that's a valid label in the System Report, we also don't want accuse someone of software piracy.

Can anyone who owns volume licenses clear this up for me?

Gene

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

CC Volume licenses designated as "Perpetual"

Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually help out in the Adobe Photoshop forums. Sometimes I'll ask someone with a CC product for a System Info report on their software. I'm used to personal licenses designated as "Subscription" just above the serial number in the report. On occasion I will see a Perpetual designation and the user tells me he has an "Enterprise" or "Volume" license which is why it's marked "Perpetual".

So I want to ask any Adobe Enterprise license holder if that's what should show up. We sometimes get those who slip in a modified amtlib.dll to cheat the Trial version and "Perpetual" or "Volume" shows up. We really don't want to help anyone with hacked software, but if that's a valid label in the System Report, we also don't want accuse someone of software piracy.

Can anyone who owns volume licenses clear this up for me?

Gene

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Essentially perpetual refers to the use of a serial number which is only available to customers with an enterprise ETLA agreement.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I looked up ETLA and I notice they get "Enterprise Level Support", so should they be using the regular Photoshop forums to troubleshoot their install?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum focuses on packaging and deployment issues, if it is an enterprise-wide deployment then this is probably the place for it. If a single install on a single machine then probably the Download and Install forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines