Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change license without re-installing

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I work for a high school district and my boss is currently in charge of giving us our CC packages for our iMac labs. We've had problems in the past with just trying to uninstall the Suite and installing the new one. So we've been re-imaging the computers just to put CC back on. In any case, my boss gave me a current package for another school so now I'm using their licenses instead of mine. Would I be able to create just a license package and install it and have my licnese be used instead of the other school?

Example:

High school A has 37 iMac computers that are using High School B's license. Can I create a package with only the license and install it so High school A uses it's own licenses? I hope this makes sense. 

TOPICS
Deploy and package apps , Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

In theory, you should be able to install the package created from High School B's Admin Console to use their licenses instead. If this fails on the first system, you may need to deactivate the licenses using the Adobe Licensing Toolkit command, e.g.

adobe-licensing-toolkit.exe --deactivate

More details here: https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/sdl-toolkit.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In theory, you should be able to install the package created from High School B's Admin Console to use their licenses instead. If this fails on the first system, you may need to deactivate the licenses using the Adobe Licensing Toolkit command, e.g.

adobe-licensing-toolkit.exe --deactivate

More details here: https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/sdl-toolkit.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines