• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Client Removed from Admin Portal

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious if anyone has seen any issues with a device-licensed CC client being automatically and repeatedly removed from the admin portal. I have one client in particular that I have to re-serialize about once every two weeks.

Our portal administrator says he's not removing it manually, and no changes are being made on the system, with the exception of it being used on different networks around campus. I'm trying to get him to submit a support case with Adobe, as I apparently don't have access to any support but the forums.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Hi Rohit,

This all sounds like things that our site admin would have to do / I do not have access to.

Good news is that I think I found our problem in that we had not used scutil to set HostName on this Mac, and so it's hostname was changing depending on what network it was on, and our admin was removing the faulty hostnames. Now that we've set the hostname, the problem appears to be solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LASPIT ,

Please follow the instructions.

Running APTEE is a two-step process – Creation of prov.xml using the Enterprise serial key and running the prov.xml to implement licensing.

Step 1: To generate the prov.xml kindly navigate the command line (using CD <Location of adobe_prtk.exe) or Mac OSX terminal (D_prtk into terminal with the prefix sudo).

The location of adobe_prtk is:

Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\CCP\utilities\APTEE

Macintosh: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/PDApp/CCP/Utilities/APTEE

Once navigated please use the following commands to generate prov.xml in the same folder as adobe_prtk:

adobe_prk --tool=VolumeSerialize -- generate –serial=<customer’s enterprise serial number> --regsuppress=ss --eulasuppress

This should give you a return code 0 and the prov.xml file should be created in the same APTEE folder

Step 2: To run prov.xml to implement the licensing and suppress sign in use the following command:

sudo adobe_prtk --tool=VolumeSerialize --provfile=<drag prov.xml file> that is generated in the same folder where adobe_prtk is.

You should get return code 0, which means success.

Note: Please ensure that the machine where this is being done has CCP installed, otherwise you would not be able to find the folders mentioned above.

If you do not want to install CCP on the machine, you can manually download adobe_prtk from the following links https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/packager/provisioning-toolkit-enterprise.html

Also, the command prompt should always be launched in an elevated mode in Windows and for Mac OS, please ensure you prefix sudo before using the APTEE commands.

~Rohit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rohit,

This all sounds like things that our site admin would have to do / I do not have access to.

Good news is that I think I found our problem in that we had not used scutil to set HostName on this Mac, and so it's hostname was changing depending on what network it was on, and our admin was removing the faulty hostnames. Now that we've set the hostname, the problem appears to be solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines