Hello Support Team,
We have installed AUSST via IIS and and it seems like everything is working correctly with the downloads.
If we start the Remote Update Manager (v22.214.171.124) on the clients, the installed products are listed correctly:
Following updates are applicable on the system:
- (PHSP / 126.96.36.199 / win64)
- (ACR / 188.8.131.52 / win32)
- (IDSN / 184.108.40.2062 / win64)
But the download starts via the Adobe update server through the Internet.
This is the guide I have followed to setup an Generate client configuration (.override) file:
But the two folders:
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\UpdaterResources
to which the xml file should be copied does not exist on any of our computers.
Any help would be greatly apreciated.
you might need to create one or both directories, but if you are deploying via a package created on the Adobe Admin Console for Creative Cloud applications, you can copy and paste the contents of the AdobeUpdater.Overrides file created by the AUSST tool into the preferences page of the Admin Console, and then select the option to include it in a package which you build. Deploying this package will then copy the AdobeUpdater.Overrides into both directories, creating them if needed.
I believe C:\ProgramData\Adobe\AAMUpdater\1.0\ gets created when a package is installed, but C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\UpdaterResources usually needs to be created if you are deploying manually, so if you use the package method I described, you shouldn't need to worry about creating these directories and manually copying the files.
I hope that helps, you can check the IIS webserver logs to see if the end user machines are connecting to the AUSST server.
I want to save the possibility of packing the XML file in a new package and thus redistributing it for a later possibility.
Almost 50 computers would have to be installed with the new package. Perhaps it is also possible to distribute the file in the existing installations.
I created the two missing folders and copied the XML file "AdobeUpdater.Overrides" into them.
An error "... Return Code (1)" is now output.
The log file contains messages that indicate an incorrect configuration of AUSST.
We have to take a closer look at that.
Thanks Dom for the quick response
I would suggest opening a support case so that we can look at the errors in the logs to ascertain whether the problem is with the end users' machines ability to connect to the AUSST server (or download particular file types) or with the AUSST tool not downloading the files correctly, or not setting the permissions properly.
If you want to deploy the .overrides files, you can create an "empty" package (no applications such as Photoshop etc.) with just the Creative Cloud desktop application, and that will apply the settings you selected when creating the package, including the .overrides files you applied under your login to the Admin Console.
Hope that helps
I never thought of an "empty" package. That'll be easier for sure.
But first of course the ".overrides file" should work properly.
Our service provider, who carries out the AUSST installation, will still need some time to process the error message and adjust the configuration. If things get stuck, we will open a support case.
(Please excuse my english.)
Our service provider has adjusted the configuration.
The download to the AUSST server apparently worked, there is a now lot of data available :-).
But the download to the clients does not work. The "RemoteUpdateManager.log" contains the following entries, among others, which differ from the entries if the download is carried out directly from Adobe:
| The FFC override url derived from redirection file is ... http://apsrv002/ausst/ACC/services/ffc/products/ffc.xml)
| Failed to fetch the FFC XML content (2)...
| Failed to find the applicable updates for HD products ...
There is no "ffc.xml" file under the "//ausst/ACC/services/ffc/products/" folder.
Should I open a case with Adobe or is there an obvious mistake?
if there's no ffc.xml (or a similarly named file with the name of your group configuration in it), then the synchronisation of the installation & update files on the AUSST server was ultimately not successful (it creates it when it's finished downloading all the files), and you should see details in the file AdobeUpdateServerSetupTool.log with a non-zero exit code.
Please feel free to log a support case to discuss this with us directly, and we can report back here once it's resolved.
There are two similarly named files in "//ACC/services/ffc/products" which I assume are the missing ffc.xml.
I think the override file needs to be adjusted. My service provider is also reading this and will correct this.
I wanted to open a support case earlier, but I was informed that I needed an extra enterprise license for this. Obviously our 18 Photoshop / Indesign licenses are not sufficient.
Thanks for your patience.