• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

completely uninstalling Creative Cloud Packager (Mac)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I launch the Creative Cloud packager on my Mac, it crashes transitioning from the Package Details window to the screen for selecting that apps to include. I need this to work on my profile of my Mac, so I would like to completely and manually remove the packager from my Mac and reinstall it fresh. Can someone let me know all the paths in the System, Library and ~/Library folders that might need to be included in this process. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

It sounds like there is a permissions issue with your primary user account. Have you tried repairing permissions?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sign out of the packager, remove the app and rename the following folders.

1.      OOBE folder

Windows: [System drive]:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE

Mac OS: /Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE folder

2.      AAM folder

Mac OS:  ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdater

Windows OS [System drive]:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, sadly that did not fix my problem. I was able to log on as a different user on the same machine and could correctly create packages, but on my own primary account, it still crashes. Is their any other user-specific files that I could delete or uninstall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds like there is a permissions issue with your primary user account. Have you tried repairing permissions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines