Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud 2015 does not show the updates as available

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have CC2015 Enterprise. The version of Photoshop installed it 16.0.0, 2015.0.0 release, 20150529.r.88 x64

It seems like a version from May 29th,

I know there are updates from Nov. 30th, there is supposed to be Photoshop 16.1 but when I go to Creative Cloud they do not show up. Why?

I have to say that in general they way the CC cloud works is very poor. I'f you chose to install an up it's several minute of "Waiting....." and no, it's not my Internet. At work I have 600MB/sec (University)

Why is CC soon bad?

Thanks

Michele

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 04, 2015 Dec 04, 2015

Yes, if updates is greyed out then this means updates have been suppressed. This is not done on the dashboard it is done in the Creative Cloud Packager tool when building the application package. The admin can package up the updates and deploy them to you. If they are inexperienced with the packager then direct them to our documentation.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/packager.html

If you want to fix this yourself then have a look at this article:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/disable-auto-updates-application-manager.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest to try signing out and signing back in to Creative Cloud.

Also from Photoshop try Help>Updates.

It is also possible for IT administrators to block updates when deploying software, they do this because they prefer to handle the update process themselves or if the end users do not have admin rights. You should check with your IT admins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

would suggest to try signing out and signing back in to Creative Cloud.

Tried, it did not do anything.

Also from Photoshop try Help>Updates.

The menu is grayed out

It is also possible for IT administrators to block updates when deploying software, they do this because they prefer to handle the update process themselves or if the end users do not have admin rights. You should check with your IT admins.

They said they do not do that, but the usual one is gone and there is a replacement who is not that skilled I'm afraid.

Do you know exactly where in the Admin Dashboard that would be set?

Thanks

Michele

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2015 Dec 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, if updates is greyed out then this means updates have been suppressed. This is not done on the dashboard it is done in the Creative Cloud Packager tool when building the application package. The admin can package up the updates and deploy them to you. If they are inexperienced with the packager then direct them to our documentation.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/packager.html

If you want to fix this yourself then have a look at this article:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/disable-auto-updates-application-manager.html

It gives the location of the file that suppresses the updates, simply delete or rename that file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2015 Dec 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU!!!

I used method 2. Changed <Suppressed>1</Suppressed> to <Suppressed>0</Suppressed>, restored and sure enough 15 updates are available!!

I'll pass along the info to my admins.

Thanks a lot again

Michele

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines