• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Automatic Updates

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking to setup automatic updates (Windows) for Creative Cloud on over 1000+ workstations and was wondering a few things:

- How often are updates generally released?

- How big is a general update?

- What risks are involved with automatic updates?

- What type of updates are generally released?

I will be running C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE_Enterprise\RemoteUpdateManager\RemoteUpdateManager.exe in a scheduled task using the SYSTEM account so there will be no user interaction.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 27, 2016 Jan 27, 2016

You can expect releases with new tools and features on an approximate quarterly basis. Not every application may be updated but you should expect to see updates for the major applications such as Photoshop, Illustrator etc. We also release bug fixes and security updates on an as-needed basis.

- How big is a general update

That is a 'how long is a piece of string' question but for example I used Creative Cloud Packager to build a feature bearing update fo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2016 Jan 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can expect releases with new tools and features on an approximate quarterly basis. Not every application may be updated but you should expect to see updates for the major applications such as Photoshop, Illustrator etc. We also release bug fixes and security updates on an as-needed basis.

- How big is a general update

That is a 'how long is a piece of string' question but for example I used Creative Cloud Packager to build a feature bearing update for Premiere 2015 and it was about 76 mb. If you look in CCP you can see all the updates associated with a product and this should give you a good idea of what to expect.

- What risks are involved with automatic updates?

In some circumstances you may want to test updates if you are using applications in a particular product workflow.

- What type of updates are generally released?

Feature bearing updates, bug fixes, security updates and preview features.

I hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines