• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Cleaner Command Line functionality does not work.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I working education, and I am looking at command line erasing all adobe products off all of our students MacBooks, so that we can remote distribute the newer version via our Mobile device management server.

following the information here: Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

I found that an underlying issue is the command line: sudo [Path to Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool.app]/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool ‐‐removeAll= CREATIVECLOUDCS6PRODUCTS.

Opens the application in UI mode rather than running the command silently

attempting to use the xml  option instead:

sudo /Contents/MacOS/Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool --cleanupXML=[Absolute path to cleanup. xml].

brings down the following error in log:

2018-11-24 09:40:32.825 Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool[45404:2537460] ***************Starting New Session*****************

2018-11-24 09:40:32.826 Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool[45404:2537460] Cleaner tool Version: 4.3.0.22

2018-11-24 09:40:32.826 Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool[45404:2537460] Mode=Silent mode

2018-11-24 09:40:32.827 Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool[45404:2537460] Action=REMOVE_SELECTED

2018-11-24 09:40:33.061 Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool[45404:2537460] ERROR: EULA has not been accepted, cannot continue

2018-11-24 09:40:33.061 Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool[45404:2537460] ***************End Session*****************

I believe the underlying issue is with the EULA requiring agreeing to with both command line options, the article needs to list all the prefixes for the command line application, and the application needs the option to command line agree to the EULA.

Please Update the application and article.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

I pulled apart the Creative cleaner app and found their xml used to uninstall all software and ended up writing my own script. Instead.

if anyone one stumbles across this in their own discoveries thst they cant use command prefixes with the creative cloud cleaner reach iut and i will post the script i forumsted from their xml list of files.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is an option I'd recommend that you create an uninstall package via either Creative Cloud Packager or via the Admin Console.

We use that option successfully during our serial based installations. Simply run the uninstaller first and then the install package for the upgrade package.

If that is not an option I'd recommend reaching out to Adobe Support if that's included in your agreement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not any option, our license is via government body, it spans the full state. But managers of the admin are not forth coming to create an uninstaller

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I pulled apart the Creative cleaner app and found their xml used to uninstall all software and ended up writing my own script. Instead.

if anyone one stumbles across this in their own discoveries thst they cant use command prefixes with the creative cloud cleaner reach iut and i will post the script i forumsted from their xml list of files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears my inital response was removed.

I believe I found a better solution to this (and I have no idea why Adobe hasn't documented it).  Add --eulaAccepted=1 to the command and it appears to skip the GUI entirely.  In my case, I put it before the removeAll section so my command looks something like the following:

sudo /Volumes/CleanerTool/Adobe\ Creative\ Cloud\ Cleaner\ Tool.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe\ Creative\ Cloud\ Cleaner\ Tool --eulaAccepted=1 --removeAll=ALL

I've tested this on a couple of computers now with the current version of the cleaner tool and it appears to be working.  It doesn't remove Acrobat (which is really annoying) but that can be removed with a separate command silently as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else having issues with Adobe 2021 on Monterey using this method?

Do get Exit Code=0 but none of the apps are removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines