Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool (Mac) not Uninstalling Applications

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2016 Aug 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

After discovering that when you deploy the updated Applications of certain Creative Cloud product, it leaves the older version of the application installed on the Mac. I have tried using the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to try to remove the older version of Premier Pro CC 2015 so that only the newest version Premier Pro CC 2015.3 is left on the Mac. Here is what I am trying to do with no luck.

* I am planning on scripting and deploying this out to our Macs so manually running through the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool is not an option.

1. Downloaded the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool.app and placed in a folder on the Macintosh HD.

2. Generated a cleanup.xml file by running the following terminal command:

sudo [Path to Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool.app]/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool --createCleanup=      [Absolute path to folder to create xml]

3. I then opened up the cleanup.xml file and removed all but the software I wanted the tool to uninstall "Adobe Premier Pro CC 2015"

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>

<Products>

<Properties>

<Property name="eulaAccepted">1</Property>

</Properties>

<CreativeCloud>

<!--<Product productName="Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015" version="9.0.0"/>-->

</CreativeCloud>

<AAM></AAM>

<AdobeIdCredentials>

</AdobeIdCredentials>

<CS6>

</CS6>

<CS5></CS5>

<CS4></CS4>

<CS3></CS3>

</Products>

4. I then ran the following terminal command:

sudo /Contents/MacOS/Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool --cleanupXML=[Absolute path to cleanup. xml].

5. I am then returned with a Exit Code: 0 which means successful.

However, after running through these steps I am noticing that it really did nothing and the application is still there.

I used this site for help: Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank-you,

Anthony

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

This question was posted two years ago, but for anyone else wondering, you need to uncomment the product. Remove "<!--" and "-->"

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This question was posted two years ago, but for anyone else wondering, you need to uncomment the product. Remove "<!--" and "-->"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines