• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Desktop 4.3.0.256 always needs update/Win 7 64

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Creative Cloud Desktop 4.3.0.256 running in Win 7 64-bit. My problem is I cannot update any on my CC apps until the Desktop app updates. When I let Desktop update, the progress wheel just spins "Updating Creative Cloud Please wait..." I have allowed it to go for hours with no result. I have an enterprise account and am on a fast hardwired ethernet connection. I have also tried this from home, with the same result. I have another machine I recently updated (same enterprise account) with no difficulties.

I have uninstalled, via windows, using Creative Cloud Uninstaller,  and AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool AND deleted the ..\Adobe\OOBE directory and rebooted in almost all possible combinations, followed by reinstalling Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop. The app always says that it needs an update so it never shows my installed apps or allows me to update any of my CC apps.

I am running CC 2015 apps. It has been some time since i have updates any of them. I would like to update them. I thought about using AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool to remove everything and start fresh, but I would not be able to reinstall any of the apps if Desktop still had the same issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

My IT support gave me the following things to try. For me, I did 1 and 3, which allowed Creative Cloud to update successfully.

Troubleshooting Steps

There are a few ways to fix this issue. The list below would be the order to try and fix the issue from easiest to not so great.

1. DELETE the OOBE folder. Both Windows and Mac. Restart. Article here,    Video Here

2. Reset the host file. The second choice from this site.

3. This is an older way to fix license issues but it sometimes also

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving the discussion to Deployment for Creative Cloud for Team, Enterprise, & CS​ forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lloydb4653984 ,

Step 1: Uninstall CCDA - Uninstall the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application

Step 2: Download and install CCP

https://ccmdls.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/KCCP/1/win32/CCPLauncher.exe

https://ccmdls.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/KCCP/1/osx10/CCPLauncher.dmg

Step 3: Create a CCDA only package and make sure elevated rights option is checked while creating the package.

Create packages for Adobe Creative Cloud

Step 4: Deploy the package

~Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rohit,

Thank you for your reply.

I don't seem to have access to the Adobe web sites (Adobe Licensing Web Site or the Admin Console) for CCDA. Is there a way around this?

I administer 7 Windows machines, 3 Win 10 and 4 Win 7 64. The Win 10 machines are not a problem. The update worked fine for two of the Win 7 64 machines, when CC updates on these I get the progress wheel and the progress percentages. I an having the problem described in the OP on the other two. What they have in common are older CC 2015 installations, typically Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, and optionally InDesign and Preimier.

Thanks in advance,
--Lloyd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an experiment, I used AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.exe to uninstall everything on one of the machines that was displaying this problem. I tried installing Creative Cloud after rebooting. This did not fix the problem. This is what I see and described in the OP.CC_2017_11_26a.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue as well, mine is Win 10 pro 64bit.  I have tried the uninstall and reinstall process to no avail either.  I should not have to create a new package just to check for updates or test other applications.  THe odd thing is why do I have an option to turn off keep up to date when it still checks for updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My IT support gave me the following things to try. For me, I did 1 and 3, which allowed Creative Cloud to update successfully.

Troubleshooting Steps

There are a few ways to fix this issue. The list below would be the order to try and fix the issue from easiest to not so great.

1. DELETE the OOBE folder. Both Windows and Mac. Restart. Article here,    Video Here

2. Reset the host file. The second choice from this site.

3. This is an older way to fix license issues but it sometimes also works. Article Here

4. Download Adobe Application Manager. Sign out of CC. Run it. Sign back in.

5. Last is to uninstall ALL Adobe Pro products. Run the Creative Cloud Cleaner HERE. Restart. Re-install the Creative Cloud app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing this same exact problem. I've completed all the recommended steps but it doesn't seem to fix anything. I've even gone as far as completely reinstalling my OS (windows 10) and it's still not working. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UPDATE:
I went through the "OOBE" process again and was finally able to get past the "please wait" thing. Unfortunately, all of my apps updated and are now in trial mode. Why isn't it seeing my license? Please help!

2018-03-01 14_52_13-Creative Cloud.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines