• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Files with Adobe Acrobat CC with CC membership - Win10 Install/Uninstall options

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just did some test deployments of Adobe DC (not enterprise)

Ran the CC package tool.

So by default CC is installed.

Couple of questions

1) CC installed the "Create Cloud Files" folder in C:\Users\%username%\Creative Cloud Files. Dont want this. Also installed the folder in File Explorer. So I uninstalled CC (leaving Adobe DC installed). after install this CC stuff is still there. Any other way then changing the reg setting?

Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{0E270DAA-1BE6-48F2-AC49-7CB23CA4A992}

1. System.IsPinnedToNameSpaceTree

I can script the removal of the Folder from C: and push out a GPO reg change for above. But is all this necessary when using the build Mgr and you just want Adobe DC installed? But assumed you needed Creative Cloud installed to register each users.

2) Better deployment path? If so, can I push the .exe via --silent cmd params, and config an XML file somewhere that contains the user info?

3) What is best way to control updates? Can I use my internal deployment tool PDQDeploy?

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Deploying the msi (NB- the Acrobat msi not the Build msi) will not include the CC Desktop App. Also if you like you can open the Acrobat msi in Customization Wizard to further customize via mst. Welcome to the Wizard — Acrobat Customization Wizard DC for Windows

To clean up unwanted folders try Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems and Uninstall the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application  - however the above method should not include these.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Try just running the Acrobat msi. You can find this in your package at Build\Setup\APRO15.0\Adobe Acrobat\

For more information see https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/package/help/deploying-acrobat.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I can deploy the exe or msi directly.

What about the CC cleanup. of these folders after uninstall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deploying the msi (NB- the Acrobat msi not the Build msi) will not include the CC Desktop App. Also if you like you can open the Acrobat msi in Customization Wizard to further customize via mst. Welcome to the Wizard — Acrobat Customization Wizard DC for Windows

To clean up unwanted folders try Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems and Uninstall the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application  - however the above method should not include these.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this "To clean up unwanted folders try Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems and Uninstall the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application  - however the above method should not include these."

Neither worked on removing these folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually this thread is disturbing. It shows me that this problem has been around since Sept 2015. Adobe support said it would be fixed. It is Jan 2018 and the problem still exists.

It just shows what I mentioned. Registry hack. Is that really the best way for customers to manage this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are making improvements to handling of cloud syncing (the purpose of this folder) very soon.

Deploying Acrobat via the AcroPro.msi should avoid the problem if Acrobat is all you want.

You can also package Acrobat outside of Creative Cloud Packager. Download the zipped msi from the  Licensing Website and use Customization Wizard to package.

Or obtain the installers from

Download Adobe Acrobat DC (Continuous) for Enterprise or VIP licenses

Download Acrobat DC Classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are non-enterprise subscription based. "If your organization has purchased an Acrobat DC license via an ETLA (Enterprise Term License Agreement) or VIP program" you can download those files.

If we use this MSI how does activation/licensing work. On the licensing website it does not show our Team subscriptions. Only old Adobe 10/9 licenses.

Can we still use this MSI? Currently when we install first step is Adobe asks user to login w/ Adobe credentials I created in Admin Console for teams

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC Teams = VIP license.

The continuous msi is the one to use as that is designed for Named User deployment. The CC Packager creates a continous msi as well. As you say, when you launch the user is prompted for sign-in and the entitlement is attached to their Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

1) With the .msi can I configure behavior for updates?

2) And what should I do to kill the Creative Cloud File folders and pinned icons in explorer - after uninstalling and running cleaner don't work. Is registry hack the only way to do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Yes. But you need to use in conjunction with Customization Wizard.

2) They won't be there with an Acrobat msi deployment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks will try this approach.

I understand it will not be deployed using MSI but is registry hack only way to get rid of those CC folders?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I can see it is - but I'll see what else I can find out for you tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is still a registry edit but fairly simple and works.

(from How do I remove the 'Creative Cloud Files' folder from my PC? last page)

Open RegEdit:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace
Here there are the names of your virtual devices (on the Cloud)

In my case 2 keys appear, one for "OnDrive" and other for "Creative Cloud Files".

Click on the chain that belongs to Creative Cloud, press Delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines