• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud for Teams applications reverted to trial on home PC

Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Around 9pm PST on Dec 31, 2017, my previously working home installation of Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 decided to revert to trial mode.  I had been using the Creative Cloud for Teams account associated with my work e-mail address for many months without any issues, but an odd quirk seems to have triggered a hiccup in the licensing for the applications on my home PC (Premiere Pro and After Effects also reverted to trial modes).  When I returned to the office on Jan 2, all of my applications on my office workstation were working fine and I verified with our IT department that our Team license is still active and valid...but my home PC continued to list my installed applications as being trials.

I logged off of Creative Cloud on my home PC and decided to try and install it on an older home PC.  Everything installed as fully licensed there.  But I have better hardware in my slightly newer PC (I can't use Mercury GPU acceleration on my old PC), so I eventually need to get things running on my primary PC.  

All three machines run Windows 10.

I posted this question on the general Creative Cloud forum, but the responses didn't help me.

I've tried all of the options here

Stop Creative Cloud from reverting to trial mode

I've even fully uninstalled Creative Cloud, used the CC cleaner tools, and reinstalled the applications...even tried installing them in different locations.    The annoying thing is that I initially get a "Congratulations on purchasing Creative Cloud using your Adobe ID (the one associated with my work e-mail address). Click continue to enjoy the licensed copy of your software)" dialog when I first try to run a CC application on my primary home PC.  But, for applications whose trial period has since expired, when I click "Continue" I get stuck in a "Validating software license..." loop which never ends until I manually intercept the close dialog button (I can also stop the loop by logging out of my account via the Creative Cloud application or from any application running in trial mode).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Success!  Deleting all of those folders and reinstalling the applications as recommended in that "CC revert to trial" thread proved to be the key.

At first I thought I was going to have to reinstall my CS6 Production Premium suite because I was getting configuration warnings after deleting those folders, but, once I successfully ran Photoshop CC, my CS6 applications started working again.

I'm so relieved.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this query to Deployment for Creative Cloud for Team, Enterprise, & CS​ community, experts here will be able to assist you better.

Meanwhile you may refer to a thread where a similar issue has been addressed: CC revert to trial

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Success!  Deleting all of those folders and reinstalling the applications as recommended in that "CC revert to trial" thread proved to be the key.

At first I thought I was going to have to reinstall my CS6 Production Premium suite because I was getting configuration warnings after deleting those folders, but, once I successfully ran Photoshop CC, my CS6 applications started working again.

I'm so relieved.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Try the following

1. Ensure you are using the correct Adobe ID - if added to the Admin Console as Federated ID or Enterprise ID make sure you are choosing the 'Enterprise' option when logging in.
  2. Sign out and sign back in to the software by going to Help>Sign Out
  3. Make sure you are connected to the internet
  4. The opm.db file contains cached user login information and deleting this file is a useful troubleshooting step. Once deleted a fresh file will be automatically created when you launch Creative Cloud and log back in.
    • Close the Creative Cloud application.
    • Navigate to the OOBE folder.
      Windows: [System drive]:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE
      Mac OS: /Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE folder
    • Delete the opm.db file.
    • Launch Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually have already tried deleting the odm.db file (I just did it again, but no change).

I am definitely using a valid login as I can successfully log in and out of my account on my other home PC (which is just a room away).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines