Creative Cloud Keeps Re-Installing Itself

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community,

This is the 2nd post for this issue as I don't see the last one anymore?! Here is the previous response from an Adobe Employee: (I originally uninstalled everything Adobe, then did a fresh install of just Acrobat Pro DC)

"Hope you are doin well and sorry for the trouble. As described, After reinstalling the Acrobat Pro DC , the Creative Cloud, Adobe Acrobat Distiller DC, and Adobe Acrobat Reader have all shown up in the list of installed programs.

Adobe Acrobat distiller is an integral part of the application and runs in the background. It is used to convert the Postscript documents to Acrobat PDF format.

As mentioned you dont want the Creative Cloud Desktop Aplication and Acrobat Reader DC, you may remove the applications from the installed applications from the control pannel menu (For Windows) or you may move the application to trash (For Mac)

If it still doesn't work, you may use the Acrobat Cleaner tool to remove the applications using the link https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html , reboot the computer once and reinstall the Acrobat DC from the direct download link https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html

Regards

Amal"

I am helping a user who is having issues with his computer coming out of Sleep mode, and it being unresponsive. We have isolated the issue down to Creative Cloud. I have twice now uninstalled the software via the normal Windows 10 add/remove software tool, then I used the Adobe uninstall tool mentioned above. Creative Cloud keeps re-installing itself. Is there anyway to block it from installing on it's own? The only Adobe product the user wants is Acrobat Pro DC. Any help is welcome!

Thank you! 🙂

TOPICS
Acrobat, Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020
Hello,  It seems that the system is restoring to the last restore point after restarting the machine. This might be a machine specific issue.  You can use the creative cloud uninstaller to remove the creative cloud desktop app:: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

It seems that the system is restoring to the last restore point after restarting the machine. This might be a machine specific issue. 

You can use the creative cloud uninstaller to remove the creative cloud desktop app:: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat and Creative Cloud are wholly UNRELIABLE APPLICATIONS. I have been in this loop for 3 years now with the daily reinstalls of CC.

i pay $60/month for this garbage with no solution in sight except for these workarounds which take HOURS because while these workarounds are being employed, this trash also eats up all your resources, taking them even longer. I believe it is time for a class action lawsuit.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works perfectly fine on my iPhone but rarely on my Win 10 PC. (No jokes about my PC, MAC users!)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I simply dont trust this company as being "reliable" in all categories, as I did with their standalone tools 10-30 years ago... Sad.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines