• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud never finishes syncing on Mac Big Sur. Have tried all steps previously outlined

Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been a constant issue since my team and I have been working remotely. 

I have just updated to Big Sur from Catalina as a last ditch effort.

Even on previous operating system, when library both hosted on local drive, and also on external drive, the CC never finishes syncing. 

I left my macbook pro on overnight to sync fully and it went from having 98k files to this morning syncing 12 of 24k files. 

This is making my time at work 100x slower, and it's totally counterintuative to be constantly having to manually drag files to the web folders just so the other members of my team can access files. 

Its much easier to work directly from local files rather than having to download/upload to the web. 

I have tried turning off Core Sync, trying forcing quit via activity monitor, unistalled at least 10 times, reset computer at least 15 times (just it the last few days) and have also updated operating system even thought its not compatible with some of our office softwares. Still.... issue after issue.

We're in 2021!!! Why is this STILL an issue!! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Thank you for your help. I FINALLY got my files to sync. 

I ended up contacting my internet service provider after some suggestions on whitelisting from Adobe Support. 

Although my service provider couldnt whitelist anything, they did make some changes to my service including 'opted out of CG Nat' and 'unblocked all ports' if that helps anyone going through the same issue as well. It did still take almost 3 full days/nights to sync but we got there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Kindly rename the core sync folder from the following location "~/Library/Application Support/Adobe" after closing all the creative services using task manager and re-launch the application. 

Also, share the version or core sync showing in the creative cloud desktop app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the responce. I left computer on overnight and it slowly got through a bulk of the files, but I'm still not sure if it's finished syncing. 

I did the steps outlined above, and reset etc but it's now sitting on syncing without giving me an indication of how many files it's 'sycning'. It's just causing my workload to be 10x slower as I am needing to ensure that I am using the correct files. 

Attached is screenshot of CC version, and what the syncing is currently doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me again... after sitting on syncing most of today, it's now trying to sync 92098 files. 

I don't even want to know what issues this is going to cause today. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that the core sync component is not updated. Kindly use the creative cloud cleaner tool to remove the app from the machine and use this link to install the application again: https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/6e01d226-7f45-493d-571e-61f8e7c609ce

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The steps outlined on the repairer say 'Check the sync status of your Creative Cloud files in the Creative Cloud desktop app. Wait for all your files to sync completely.'

But this is the issue. It's not completing the sync. So how can I repair CC when it's not syncing completely, and if I proceed before it's completed, be at risk of losing files? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files are trying to sync from the cloud to the machine so removing the creative cloud desktop app will not impact your files. Kindly follow the process suggested above and share the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now today, gone through the steps required, and have repaired, reinstalled and it is now trying to resync.... yet when I check what version of CC, its the exact same as previously, and is now stuck on syncing AGAIN. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry... this is link for log files AdobeLogs_20210311_214628_767-mac.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kindly confirm if you installed the app using the link which I shared earlier? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I downloaded and followed all of the steps. 

It took a while to kick in, but it started syncing, yet I've woken up again and it's stuck again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again - I've left my computer running and not worked on it,  knowing that other members of my team also have been enjoying their weekends, and it is still stuck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Kindly share the Adobe logs with us here which is on your desktop with the name of Adobe logs (it will be in ZXP format) so that we can investigate the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The logs aren't on my desktop, but I was sent an automatically generated email which said to reference this file AdobeLogs_20210311_214628_767-mac and it was uploaded to Log Portal. I am trying to run this Log Collector Tool again, but even that is taking its time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest log - AdobeLogs_20210315_225045_743-mac.zxp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There will be a folder on your desktop with the name of Adobe Logs, kindly attach the file here which is inside that folder so that we can check the details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No folder.. just a zxp file which would not upload, and it seems the CC has started syncing another large amount of files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updated on help here? As I've mentioned before - I CANNOT keep dealing with this issue. It's becoming a joke now. Any number we can call about speaking someone through this issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your last update, you mentioned that large files have started syncing so I was under the impression that your issue is now fixed. Let me review the logs and will share an update with you as soon as possible. Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They did, then stopped and got stuck again. 
Those logs will now be redundant as I gave up today after speaking to our IT who didn't have any suggestions other than to move location of files back to local drive rather than external hard drive, so I'm now trying to resync them back to my local drive which is where I was having issues original, also due to lack of space on laptop but I've run out of other options. 

is there also a reason why you can't download/upload folders? I have a packaged INDD file I need to collaborate on but due to syncing issues, I can't work from local files so have to download each and every individual file rather than be able to download/upload the packaged folder. A 15 minute job it should have been took me 1.5 hours today. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would request you to please contact the support team by initiating a chat session, click on the chat icon on the bottom right corner of this page: https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest log. I started syncing after relocating my files back locally at 3pm (Australian WST time) and it's now 11pm (Australian WST) and in 8 hours it's only gone from 92k files to 74k files. At this rate, I might be synced in a few weeks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest log file AdobeLogs_20210317_214428_300-mac.zxp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would recommend contacting the support team directly so that they can have a remote session to try some troubleshooting. You can contact the support team directly by initiating a chat session, click on the chat icon on the bottom right corner of this page: https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your help. I FINALLY got my files to sync. 

I ended up contacting my internet service provider after some suggestions on whitelisting from Adobe Support. 

Although my service provider couldnt whitelist anything, they did make some changes to my service including 'opted out of CG Nat' and 'unblocked all ports' if that helps anyone going through the same issue as well. It did still take almost 3 full days/nights to sync but we got there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines