Highlighted

Creative Cloud Packaged installer fails on OS X Sierra 10.12.3

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been pulling my hair out on this one, so I'm posting to ask for help.

We create and deploy pkgs from our Adobe Creative Cloud Packager

app on a Mac running OS X El Capitan 10.11.6.

We make sure to update and build pkgs every 3 months or so

to keep them updated with newest patches etc.

While test deploying onto a new MacBook Pro (with USBC and Touch Bar) running OS X 10.12.3,

I am constantly getting the "The Installer has Failed, There were errors in the installation. You may want

to contact the Software Manufacturer."

Visually, I have watched the progress. It is installing the full CC suite, and it seems to hang right after it installs the

Adobe Gaming SDK. It looks like it is going successfully, but then when it gets to Lightroom, it creates the folder for it,

and the next thing I know it starts deleteing the Lightroom folder, and all other folders it put into the Applications folder

above it ( save for Adobe Gaming SDK and Acrobat DC).

Here is the install log, I hope this helps.

I am running the installer as a local Admin on the Macbook Pro and verified that GateKeeper is off, and SIP is disabled.

I have also recreated the installer twice now, and ran BatChmod on the installer to make sure it was at -777.

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from generic Cloud/Setup forum to specific Program forum... Mod]

[When a Staff person asks for private information hover your mouse over their name]

[you may then click the Message option in the popup window to send a private email]

[long crash log removed... please only send a crash log to a technician, when asked]

Hi,

We have documented this issue here. https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/packager/creative-cloud-package-installation-failed-error-message.html

To summarise, some Mac applications had outdated certificates.

We have updated the certificate for Acrobat and this should be repackaged.

Some older applications which are no longer being developed are not being updated and should be omitted from packages. Specifically Lightroom 4, 5 and Scout.

We plan to remove these applications from the Creative Cloud Packager.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Creative Cloud Packaged installer fails on OS X Sierra 10.12.3

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been pulling my hair out on this one, so I'm posting to ask for help.

We create and deploy pkgs from our Adobe Creative Cloud Packager

app on a Mac running OS X El Capitan 10.11.6.

We make sure to update and build pkgs every 3 months or so

to keep them updated with newest patches etc.

While test deploying onto a new MacBook Pro (with USBC and Touch Bar) running OS X 10.12.3,

I am constantly getting the "The Installer has Failed, There were errors in the installation. You may want

to contact the Software Manufacturer."

Visually, I have watched the progress. It is installing the full CC suite, and it seems to hang right after it installs the

Adobe Gaming SDK. It looks like it is going successfully, but then when it gets to Lightroom, it creates the folder for it,

and the next thing I know it starts deleteing the Lightroom folder, and all other folders it put into the Applications folder

above it ( save for Adobe Gaming SDK and Acrobat DC).

Here is the install log, I hope this helps.

I am running the installer as a local Admin on the Macbook Pro and verified that GateKeeper is off, and SIP is disabled.

I have also recreated the installer twice now, and ran BatChmod on the installer to make sure it was at -777.

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from generic Cloud/Setup forum to specific Program forum... Mod]

[When a Staff person asks for private information hover your mouse over their name]

[you may then click the Message option in the popup window to send a private email]

[long crash log removed... please only send a crash log to a technician, when asked]

Hi,

We have documented this issue here. https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/packager/creative-cloud-package-installation-failed-error-message.html

Some older applications which are no longer being developed are not being updated and should be omitted from packages. Specifically Lightroom 4, 5 and Scout.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have documented this issue here. https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/packager/creative-cloud-package-installation-failed-error-mes...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines