• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Packager-Advanced Package Options-Conflicting Processes

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am experiencing a problem with my Creative Cloud Package which fails to install if it detects conflicting running processes. I assumed that this is was due to my not having specified the package to continue installation in the event that conflicting processes were detected. However, the option to specify Conflicting Processes behavior does not appear under Advanced Configurations? Any idea why? Thanks!Creative Cloud Packager.JPG

[Moved from regular Cloud forum to special Deployment forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

This behaviour has changed.

Creative Cloud Help | Creative Cloud Packager release notes

• When you create a package, a ConflictingProcessList.xml is created inside the build package folder. This file contains information about processes that will conflict with the installation process. For more information, see Deploy packages.
  • When you start the installer, it will check for the conflicting processes running on the host computer and exit the installation if any conflicting processes are found.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This behaviour has changed.

Creative Cloud Help | Creative Cloud Packager release notes

• When you create a package, a ConflictingProcessList.xml is created inside the build package folder. This file contains information about processes that will conflict with the installation process. For more information, see Deploy packages.
  • When you start the installer, it will check for the conflicting processes running on the host computer and exit the installation if any conflicting processes are found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alisterblack...

Your response really does not answer the question.  How do we get the latest CCP created packages to ignore the conflicting executables?  Our users aren't smart enough to close all the app in the conflicting processes XML file.alisterblack​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The conflict is on installation, not when running the application. So please ensure conflicting processes are closed when installing. The end users don't need to do anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response.  If that is the case, then that is a terrible piece of software engineering.  CCP is designed to make deploying Adobe applications easier, however if we have to script the deployments to kill all conflicting processes prior to installation, then that totally defeats the purpose of CCP.  I mean have you seen the list of conflicts?  It's a mile long:  Creative Cloud Help | Resolving process conflicts How is that efficient?  What a shame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to agree with adamvadala on this. We've been relying on that functionality since the CS days. What conceivable technical explanation is there for removing this option that couldn't be remedied through pending operations that would take effect on reboot (which is an easy enough step to add to the end of the deployment)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previously the Packager had the option to deploy despite conflicting processes, however our engineers report that this still failed in 95% of cases, therefore it was not a useful function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's patently absurd. My organization does literally thousands of these installs every year and that feature has been a key to success of our deployments since the Creative Suite days. Now even after a clean reboot there are a few applications that can't be installed without killing processes. Furthermore the Adobe document listing potentially conflicting processes is woefully incomplete. Despite having none of those processes running, we're seeing failures due to conflicts and will have to start with trial and error to figure out what's causing the problem. The worst part is that it appears to be the Creative Cloud installation itself interfering with the install of the later applications. Booting up fresh, we can install several CC apps consecutively only to have the subsequent installs fail because of conflicting processes, this despite having launched no applications. Presumably those conflicting processes are being launched by the installation of the previous apps.

One final comment: Adobe has millions of customers...even if this "failed in 95% of cases" (an assertion that I seriously doubt is true), calling an option that's been used successfully for years by at the very least thousands of enterprise administrators "not a useful function" is very customer unfriendly. The CCP is used almost exclusively by large organizations so that supposed 5% for whom this feature does work represent many Creative Cloud users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has always worked perfect in the past since CS 5    so yes this is a step backwards.    Maybe they meant it worked 95% of the time! reason for dropping sounds fishy to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

judging my alisterblack's lack of response, I assume that he knows we are right and that this "design" is a major screw up on Adobe's part...something that the CC dev teams are good at.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The information provided is directly from the engineering team but I will be sure to pass on your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2017 Sep 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello STAFF,

Any update to this problem from your wonderfull engineering team who code with theire feet?
I already create a lot of package and everytime the installation finished in error. Of course, no log just "tell it to your admniistrator". I'm the administrator and???
Trying to install package in command line with "verboseR" hoping the installer give me more information but I was just dreaming. The same error with the same answer :-/.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To gather logs the easiest way is the log collector tool. Log Collector Tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines