• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Suite 2017 - License Error

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently upgraded one of our computers from CC 2015 to CC 2017. After a few weeks, it will say the software has expired and require an Adobe sign-in. I created a license package and ran AdobeSerialization.exe on the computer. It didn't make a difference. Here is the pertinent info:

1. These are device licenses not user licenses.
  2. Windows 7 machine.
  3. I created a custom update package to uninstall CC 2015 and then install CC 2017. It failed on this computer, but I haven't had any issues with other computers that went through the same process.

What I have done:

1. Deactivated the license under our team portal. I confirmed it was shown as deactivated.
  2. Manually uninstalled the CC 2015 and CC 2017 software through add/remove programs.
  3. Ran the cleanup wizard and removed the traces it found.
  4. Ran the RemoveVolumeSerial.exe (just in case).
  5. Reboot and reinstall the CC 2017 software.
  6. Confirmed the available license is now active and in use.

Fast forward a few weeks now and the same issue appears again. Any assistance you can provide would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi michaelm86619044​ ,

1. Are you using any proxy in your environment ?

2. Have you checked the hosts file, make sure no Adobe entries are present in there.

3. Also please make sure that you do not have Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application installed on this particular machine, if there is please uninstall it and then run AdobeSerialization.exe

~Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rohit,

Thank you for the response.

1. We are not using a proxy.
  2. There are no Adobe entries in the hosts file.
  3. This is an interesting prerequisite. Our CC 2015 package did not install this program but I did include it in our CC 2017 package so staff members could use the creative library feature. The other computers have CC desktop application installed and they haven't had any issues. I will schedule a time with the staff member, try your steps, and report back. Is it safe to reinstall the CC desktop application after I run AdobeSerialization.exe?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines