Highlighted

Creative Cloud update to 2019 now all apps Trial

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a 100 device license for Creative Cloud that does not expire until July 2019.  Today I updated to the latest versions of the apps which appear to be 2019 versions, and now all the apps say 'Start Trial' and if opened, prompt me that I have 7 days.

What the heck is going on?  I would contact Adobe Support directly but frankly I had to do that earlier this summer when they failed to update our account when we renewed and all the apps stopped working...and it took them about a month to fix it and then never even contacted me to tell me it was fixed - so no faith there.

Thank you all for the feedback and patience.  For more information on how to utilize CC 2019 applications see Apps not available in Creative Cloud Packager | CC 2019

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Creative Cloud update to 2019 now all apps Trial

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a 100 device license for Creative Cloud that does not expire until July 2019.  Today I updated to the latest versions of the apps which appear to be 2019 versions, and now all the apps say 'Start Trial' and if opened, prompt me that I have 7 days.

What the heck is going on?  I would contact Adobe Support directly but frankly I had to do that earlier this summer when they failed to update our account when we renewed and all the apps stopped working...and it took them about a month to fix it and then never even contacted me to tell me it was fixed - so no faith there.

Thank you all for the feedback and patience.  For more information on how to utilize CC 2019 applications see Apps not available in Creative Cloud Packager | CC 2019

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry that you are getting an error for trial. Kindly follow steps shared in the link for help:

Stop Adobe Creative Cloud from opening in trial mode after purchase

Kindly let us know if this helps!

Thanks

Kanika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went through the steps but nothing worked.  I have no host entries to remove and because this is a device assigned license logging in or out of CC does nothing.

I am seeing the same issue on a Windows machine (I am on a Mac) so I put my Mac onto a mobile hotspot in case it was our WiFi somehow but it does the exact same thing.  Also through I did follow everything and was able to connect to the activation servers so should not have been our network anyway but wanted to eliminate that.

My computer is listed as licensed when I go to Manage Teams...nothing has changed at all except the upgrade to 2019 software.

Help!

5 Likes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With your deployments - do they include the "Creative Cloud Desktop Application"?  If so, that might be the culprit.  I had a number of schools that had included that within their device package and all of them are having the issue.  There is some documentation that recommends deselecting it when creating the device package.  Adobe is aware that you cannot have named user and device licensing on the same computer and when you include the "Creative Cloud Desktop Application" it can break the device package.  However, it seems like the bigger issue is that the new apps that were released are based on their Sensei technology and are going to be more in line with how Adobe XD was licensed, which was only in the Named User license packages.  The problem is when you include the Creative Cloud Desktop Application it can think or appear as if you are a Named User which is why those users got the banner saying update to 2019 and then they experienced the same issues many of you appear to be experiencing. 

I have also included specific language that addressed the fix and why it happened that I shared with a client earlier today too in the hope that this helps:

"If you have packaged Creative Cloud applications for device licenses in the admin console based on the banner message in the Creative Cloud Packager, please note that the software will have to be uninstalled and a new package will need to be created using the stand alone version of the Creative Cloud Packager. The banner message is meant to communicate that the CC2019 version and updates released on October 15 are not available for device based licensing and will not be supported moving forward. A package for devices built in the console will automatically deploy the Creative Cloud Desktop application requiring users to sign in and ultimately breaking your licensing. Those devices will potentially also fail to activate.

Please follow these uninstall instructions and create a new package for installation."

3 Likes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm moving this to the Deployment for Creative Cloud for Team, Enterprise, & CS forum.

Meanwhile, have a look at the answer in this related discussion.

Creative Cloud for Teams applications reverted to trial on home PC

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

1 Like

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same exact issue.  Must be a problem with the licensing site.  Hopefully it will clear up after Adobe gets enough notice that an issue exists.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine are 100 device licenses as well.  I wonder if the device licenses are the only ones affected?  I did notice that acrobat dc worked but photoshop goes to trial

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates on this? It made our software inaccessible after the update today too. Please help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines