• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Clould Desktop App Auto-Update Settings

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greeting everyone, I wanted to reach out as I have been unsuccessful in finding my answer to my question. In my work environment, we have made available the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App that the users can install and download the application they have been entitled to in the backend console. This has been working beautifully and it doesn't require the users to have admin rights to their system.

Now what I would like to do is "Automate" the updating of the application by themselves as well. Via the GUI, I can perform the following task: Launch Creative Cloud Desktop > File > Preferences> Apps> Turn On Auto-Update > Photoshop > Advanced Options > Checked Import Previous Settings and Preferences & Remove Older Version

How can I apply the above task settings for the Creative Cloud Desktop App for all my users? I am trying to do the following:

• Whatever CC apps are installed by the users, they are auto-updated without needing the users to do anything and it doesn't require Admin-Rights to the systems.

When I turned on the Auto-Update setting, my Photoshop eventually updated, so I am guessing there is a registry entry that is controlling the Auto-Update option/timing, where is that located?

Thank you for your time and help in advance and hopefully, I will get an answer soon on this as I believe turning on the Auto-Update for everyone will always keep the installed CC Apps updated to the current version. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate the link TechBurner. I will go over and give it a shot and see how it goes. I will come back if I run into any funny business 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, so I did look over the recommendation and it looks like our license type does not give us that option to make the change. Also, I don't have a lot of information about what type of license I don't have control over.

Working with my support team, we did the following:

1. Used "Creative Cloud Packager" to package up Adobe CC Desktop App (64bit)
  2. License Type: Named License
  3. Creative Cloud Desktop Application (Checked)
  4. Show Applications & Updates via the App Panel (Checked)
  5. Elevated Privileges (Checked)

While testing, I discovered that once the Adobe CC Desktop App is installed, the "Auto-Update" option is greyed out. But when I installed Photoshop, I was able to turn on the "Auto-Update" option.

Is there a way to somehow have the "Auto-Update" option turned on by default? I don't think it's good to rely on the end-users to turn on this option as not everyone will do it. A good way I can see this work out would be: Install Adobe CC Desktop App > Auto-Update Is Greyed Out > User Install Photoshop > And Auto-Update Is Enabled Automatically.

Thank you 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, the auto-update option will appear when the user will install any app on the machine. This article might help: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html#Autoupdate?product=Creative%...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested your recommendation and when I installed Adobe CC and looked a the Auto-Update Setting it was Off. Then I installed Photoshop and re-launched Adobe CC and Auto-Update Setting is still off. It's like I have to Turn in on/off which I am trying to Turn On- by default.

Thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kindly share your email ID which you are using to access the Admin Console by sending me a private chat so that I can check a few settings and guide you accordingly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, so I did look over the recommendation and it looks like our license type does not give us that option to make the change. Also, I don't have a lot of information about what type of license I don't have control over.

Working with my support team, we did the following:

1. Used "Creative Cloud Packager" to package up Adobe CC Desktop App (64bit)
  2. License Type: Named License
  3. Creative Cloud Desktop Application (Checked)
  4. Show Applications & Updates via the App Panel (Checked)
  5. Elevated Privileges (Checked)

While testing, I discovered that once the Adobe CC Desktop App is installed, the "Auto-Update" option is greyed out. But when I installed Photoshop, I was able to turn on the "Auto-Update" option.

Is there a way to somehow have the "Auto-Update" option turned on by default? I don't think it's good to rely on the end-users to turn on this option as not everyone will do it. A good way I can see this work out would be: Install Adobe CC Desktop App > Auto-Update Is Greyed Out > User Install Photoshop > And Auto-Update Is Enabled Automatically.

Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines