• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 volume license in unexpected trial state

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I share everyone's frustration with the blocking pop up!

I've had valid CS licenses - purchased directly from Adobe - since 2008 and validly licensed Adobe products since 1998. I have been using CS6 every day since it was installed (March 2013). However, in the last year I've been blocked three times by an "expired 30 day trial version" pop up message. I've NEVER had a trail version of any Adobe software. Fixing this problem 6 months ago required a walk through with Adobe CS Tech Asst personnel (now no longer available) and a "special" download via the Adobe site.

I just got the message again. Once again I'm being blocked from production work when trying to use a valid product license number.

I can be kind and verbalize my suspicion that Adobe is deliberately inserting malware via updates, at this point in time to Acrobat Pro/Flash, as a direct attempt to force me to purchase the CC version. NO. I will update when and if I so choose.

Six months ago the "Adobe "fix"  was both frustrating and time consuming. Now there is no Tech Assist and no place on the site that walks valid license holders through this reoccurring "bug."

My last case number was 02201009524. I'm having the identical access problem to a validly licensed Adobe software package + lost production time...for no reason...but now I have no way to get help!

WHY?

How difficult is it to post instructional help for those of us who can prove with license keys and via our Adobe accounts that we have the right to use our licenses for CS6?

Where do I go to find help unlocking my access and preventing this from continually happening?

I consider Adobe preventing me from using software I legally purchased directly from Adobe as fraud and theft. At this point, I too am interested in a class action suit...or a dedicated page to handle this problem for hijacked valid users.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Adrienne you will want to uninstall the Adobe software titles you listed and then run the CC Cleaner Tool available at Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems .

The only time it is safe to remove the SLStore and AdobePCD folder is with the Adobe software completely uninstalled.  If you remove, or modify these folders, with the software installed then it will affect the licensing of your installed Adobe software titles.  Very similar to the behavior you have been experie

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2016-11-02_16-05-30.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi adriennec11913818

For download/installation advice please check this document - Adobe apps - download and installation help

If you still have issues, please post details in this forum where one of our experts can assist further - Downloading, Installing, Setting Up

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bev,

Thank you for your reply. Please address my questions below.

1. Why must I deinstall and reinstall CS6 every 6 months when until this issue started, the software worked just fine since it was installed in March 2013?

2. What is causing the pop-up block?

3. Exactly what steps must I take to rid the software of this continuing problem?

4. Will the pop up problem require a continual "fix?"

I've never had any cloud service installed on my system.
I've always purchased Adobe products directly from Adobe.
The only required download was my upgrade from CS5.5 to CS6.

Best,
Adrienne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adrienne I am sorry you are facing difficulty with your Creative Suite 6 installation.  I reviewed case number 02201009524 but it only indicated you were waiting for your order from CDW.

I also reviewed case 0215872488 and the serial number Acrobat DC which you posted in the case notes.  If you are attempting to reinstall Acrobat DC please make sure you are utilizing the installation files available at https://licensing.adobe.com/.  Your organization has purchased a volume license for this software title and the installation files are available through our licensing web site.

1. Why must I deinstall and reinstall CS6 every 6 months when until this issue started, the software worked just fine since it was installed in March 2013? 

Do you receive any specific errors which are causing you to reinstall Creative Suite 6? Have you tried re-entering your serial number, instead of reinstalling, to see if the software can be licensed.

2. What is causing the pop-up block?

Is the pop-up you are referring to the message that you are in trial mode?   This could be due to the licensing files being damaged or corrupted.  This could be why reinstalling maybe resolving your error for 6 months.

3. Exactly what steps must I take to rid the software of this continuing problem?

Do you use any system optimizers or utilities that may be affecting the licensing files on the computer?  If so I would recommend reviewing the settings for these utilities to ensure they are not affecting SLStore, AdobePCD, and SLCache folders.  If you can post what specific version of Windows you are using I can give you a specific location for these directories.

4. Will the pop up problem require a continual "fix?"

Please see my response to your third question.  Until we determine what is causing the licensing files to become damaged it is not known if you will continue to experience Creative Suite entering trial mode.

I am happy to hear that reinstalling Creative Suite 6 does allow you to continue to use this software.  This would indicate that your serial number for Creative Suite 6 is valid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branching to a new discussion and moving this discussion to the Downloading, Installing, Setting Up forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

Thanks for your reply-

I can't verify how the Adobe tech asst I spoke with entered our conversation data into your system. My company has not ordered any Adobe products since my March 2013 purchase of CS 6. The case number is from the last time I had to go through the deinstall-reinstall process to get rid of the "Creative Suite 6 Design Standard Trial, You can try this product for 30 days." pop-up...

Above is the message I get when trying to open any of my licensed CS 6 products. As you can see there is no place for me to enter a serial number. What am I supposed to do to get my software working again?

Best,
Adrienne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

I'm running the latest version (SP 1) of Windows 7 Pro and I'm not running any system optimizers/utilities that could affect licensing files.

Best,
Adrienne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adrienne have you tried clicking on Licensing this Software?  You should be given the option to then enter your Adobe ID/e-mail address.  You will then be given the opportunity to enter your serial number.

If you have a case number from your previous interaction I would be happy to review it.  I did locate case 0187902985 on 6/18/16 and verified that the serial numbers you provided are valid.

It does look like your CS6 serial number is an upgrade.  After entering your CS6 serial number you may also be asked to enter your qualifying previous version.  Entering your CS5.5 serial number, which ends in 7226, will allow you to complete the licensing process.

Please feel free to update this discussion if you face any additional errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

I have all of my CS serial numbers and will do as you suggest. However, logically it appears that running down that rabbit hole will "enable the 30 day trial period" rather than giving me full access to my licensed software. Let's see what happens....

Adrienne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,"Unable to validate serial number" Contact Customer Support link lands me on: Adobe Creative Suite Learn & Support

which I already know is of no help. Do you have another suggestion?
Adrienne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adrienne your serial numbers were valid.  It is likely though that the same issue causing the installation to go to trial mode is preventing the serial number from being applied.

I would recommend you completely remove you currently installed Adobe software titles using the uninstallers in Programs & Features.  Once you are done then please also run the CC Cleaner Tool available at Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems​ to verify that the installation is completely removed, including the licensing information.

If the serial number is not accepted during the reinstallation then please remove the following folders from the computer:

ProgramData\Adobe\SLStore

ProgramData\Adobe\AdobePCD

These folders, and their contents, should only be removed after you have removed any installed Adobe software titles as it will affect the licensing for any installed Adobe applications.

In addition Adrienne these folders are likely being modified and maybe causing the re-occuring issue which you are facing with the software reverting to trial mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff - I'll have one of my tech guys follow your instructions. Will let you know if he successfully gets my CS 6 working again. As CS 6 is no longer supported, what could be modifying those Adobe folders?
Adrienne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adrienne the common cause can be due to the use of system optimizers, disk utilities, or security software.   The settings may need to be modified so that they do not affect these locations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

Thanks again. My tech has some questions for you:

To make sure I'm completely clear on your deinstall and install instructions:

1. By "remove... using the unistallers in Programs and Features" do you mean going to windows Control Panel >> Programs >> Programs and features, as opposed to elsewhere?

2.  My full set of Adobe products listed under Windows Programs and Features:

* Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

* Adobe Acrobat C Pro - English, Francais, Deutsch

* Adobe AIR

* Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Standard

* Adobe Flash Player 11 ActiveX 64-bit

*  Adobe Flash Player 21 NPAPI

* Adobe Help Manager

Please confirm that I need to uninstall all of them?

Is there anything else I need to uninstall?

3. You refer to removing several folders under "\ProgramData\Adobe..."  if the reinstallation fails. Should I remove those folders immediately after the reinstall failure or do I need to first do another uninstall all over again of all Adobe software in Programs and Features, then remove the folders, then try to reinstall a second time?

4.  Also, given the problems you mention about these folders, should I simply delete them beforehand for the first try, or should I wait to see what happens after a first reinstall attempt.

The complexity of this process is the reason why I've suggested making defined instructions for solving this hijack problem for those of us valid licenses. I'm now working into the third day without use of my valid licensed software. That's an unacceptable business loss for me and an unacceptable business practice for Adobe.

Best,

Adrienne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adrienne you will want to uninstall the Adobe software titles you listed and then run the CC Cleaner Tool available at Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems .

The only time it is safe to remove the SLStore and AdobePCD folder is with the Adobe software completely uninstalled.  If you remove, or modify these folders, with the software installed then it will affect the licensing of your installed Adobe software titles.  Very similar to the behavior you have been experiencing periodically with your software going into trial mode.

Once the software is removed, the CC Cleaner Tool run, and the SLStore and AdobePCD folders removed you can then begin the reinstallation of Creative Suite 6.  I would hold off on installing the remainder of the Adobe software titles you listed until CS6 is installed and licensed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff-

Please correct and complete the instructions below so my tech will have all the information he needs to fix this problem when he arrives. He should:

1. Deinstall the Adobe 7 titles listed in my reply above using:    
     Please provide a link to Adobe instructions/process for a Windows CS 6 deinstillation:

2. Run the CC cleaner you provided using link: Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems .

3. Please provide a direct link to Adobe instructions/process for a Windows CS 6 download and installation:

4. Then he should enter our version serial numbers as requested by the installation software.

5. If the Adobe system does not accept the version serial numbers, then he must delete the following two files from the computer:

ProgramData\Adobe\SLStore

ProgramData\Adobe\AdobePCD

6. Deinstall the all of the recently downloaded installation files.

7. Run the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool again.

8. Attempt another download and installation of CS 6.

9. If CS 6 install is successful, then install Acrobat Pro.

Is this correct? Am I missing any steps?
Please provide the direct download links requested above.

Will keep you updated.
Adrienne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adrienne I would recommend you ask your tech person to review this discussion directly. 

The steps you just posted in message #16 are out of order.  You need to make sure that you remove all Adobe software before you run the CC Cleaner tool in your second step.  Your step 6 and 7 would not be necessary as the software has already been removed.

You, or the tech person, are welcome to update this discussion if you run into any additional errors or have questions on any of the steps previously discussed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff - My Tech has read your response. He wants you to provide us with a direct link to the correct Adobe instructions/process for a Windows CS 6 download and installation.
He only wants to use links and instructions provided by Adobe tech personnel...no guessing on our part.
Adrienne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adrienne you can download a fresh copy of the installation files for Creative Suite 6 at Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications​.  Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adriennec ,

Yes  , as mentioned earlier its better to uninstall all Adobe apps and remove Adobe related folders manually and start with fresh installation , it will Fix all the Windows OS related issues which is affecting Adobe applications to function properly whether its Installation or Activation. 

You may also follow below steps :

Okay , we will try with complete removal and reinstall process then.

End all Adobe related processes from Task Manager,

Run Adobe Cleaner tool and select Clean all option ..

Enable Hidden Files and Folders view.

Step 1)

You need to delete Adobe folders from below 5 locations  or rename it to Adobe-old.

• C: > ProgramData> Adobe

• C: > Program Files > Adobe.

• C: > Program Files(X86) > Adobe.

• C: > Program Files > Common Files >  Adobe.

• C: > Program Files(X86) > Common Files >  Adobe.

Step 2)

Press Windows button (located between Ctrl and Alt buttons) along with R button together at a time , you will get a run command window.

Type in below command and hit 'Enter' key.

appdata

It will open Appdata folder .

You need to delete Adobe folders from below 3 locations  or rename it to Adobe-old.

Appdata> Local > Adobe.

Appdata > Locallow >Adobe.

Appdata > Roaming > Adobe.

Step 3 :

Click on the below link and download Creative Cloud setup file and use the same to install the Creative Cloud Desktop application.

https://ccmdls.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/KCCC/1/win32/CreativeCloudSet-Up.exe

Note :

I see that you are facing issue with CS 6 application , you might wanna come back to me and ask , Why do we need to install Creative Cloud when I don't have CC apps and not interested right now, Right???  

Its not like I am suggesting or forcing you to go for CC version.  All the processes like Download  , Installation , Update and Activation..... and so on .. so ... on process are handled by an Application Manager called Adobe Application Manager , its pretty much like your Google playstore app or AppleStore app.

Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application is nothing but updated version Adobe Application Manager. You can check and see , Even if you install Adobe Application Manager and try to open , it will Auto Update itself to Adobe Creative Cloud app.

Installing Adobe Creative Cloud app is very very beneficial, it will avoid most of issues which might be encountered with Instllation process or Activation process.

Please let us know , if you need further assistance , we will be glad to help you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines