Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Current version of Creative Cloud Desktop Application

Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

On July, 10 I created a package of Creative Cloud Desktop Application within the Admin Console. After installing on a client it showed up as version 4.1.1.202.

On August 2 I created a new package because I realized that there was a new version available. On existing clients, the software updated itself from 4.1.1.202 to 4.2.0.211. So there was a new version.

After adding the new package to SCCM, creating Detection Method etc. I now realize that the installer is still version 4.1.1.202. So my detection check fails because it's checking on version 4.2.0.211 and newer. The upgrade happens after you sign in with your Adobe ID.

To sum up: I have to remove the new package from SCCM because it's still the same old version. If users install the CC App from Software Center, they will install an old piece of software and have to wait until it updates itself.

• Why is there no new version available to package?
  • Is there any patch file available to patch from 4.1 to 4.2?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Hi Fabian Sz,

The version of Creative Cloud Desktop available via the packager will be updated in the next few days. In the meantime, I suggest adding an exception to your firewall for the specific servers if ZIP and XML files are not permitted to be downloaded.

The servers used for the download are:

ccmdls.adobe.com

ccmdl.adobe.com

Alternatively, you should be able to install via the bootstrap installer by manually downloading it from the following page and copying it to the relevant machines to per

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fabian Sz,

The version of Creative Cloud Desktop available via the packager will be updated in the next few days. In the meantime, I suggest adding an exception to your firewall for the specific servers if ZIP and XML files are not permitted to be downloaded.

The servers used for the download are:

ccmdls.adobe.com

ccmdl.adobe.com

Alternatively, you should be able to install via the bootstrap installer by manually downloading it from the following page and copying it to the relevant machines to perform the update:

https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud​

~Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Rohit

Thanks for the answer.

Firewall is not the problem, the existing clients could update themselves. It's about new clients which should be up-to-date from the beginning.

The "official" CC app is not what we want. I suppose that is NOT running elevated like the one package from the Adobe Admin Console, right?

But if the admin package will be updated in the next few days, then it's OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines