• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

customisation wizard - invalid installer package

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2015 Nov 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I been having big problems using the customization wizard on OS X. I been successful using it with Acrobat DC but as soon as I try to use it with Reader DC I get “invalid installer package” whatever installer pkg I choose. I have gotten a distribution version, with permission from You, Adobe, to distribute, AcroRdrDC_1500920069_MUI. This version doesent help either. There is no custwiz.log created even. I have verified all the installers functionality by manual installs. When using customization wiz, I have done it on clean OS, clean VM. Tried fresh version of the wizard itself. Besides the version mention above I have tried offline installer, universal as well as English for OS X 10.10. Please advice and or point me to a valid installer.

Thx

/jens

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 10, 2015 Nov 10, 2015

Unlike the Windows version of the Adobe Customization Wizard DC, the Mac version of the Adobe Customization Wizard DC does not consume Acrobat Reader DC packages for customizing.  It is still possible to add these customizations via creating PLIST files.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2015 Nov 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unlike the Windows version of the Adobe Customization Wizard DC, the Mac version of the Adobe Customization Wizard DC does not consume Acrobat Reader DC packages for customizing.  It is still possible to add these customizations via creating PLIST files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2015 Nov 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Big thanks for your reply Steve!

But this article: Feature lockdown — Customization Wizard DC for Mac‌ seems to be of a different point of view "

1. Create a plist file named com.adobe.Acrobat.Pro.plist or com.adobe.Reader.plist.
  2. Check Enable Feature Lockdown.
  3. Browse to the plist file you created.
  4. Choose OK.

That, to me, indicates that the wizard could be used with reader

cheers

/jens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2015 Nov 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok, seems like it works like a charm with just putting a com.adobe.Reader.plist in the system library. Still that article lead me in the wrong direction, hope that nobody else has to go through that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines