• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Customized install, with Updates enabled, fails to update due to system policy

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have deployed Adobe Acrobat 2017 and Adobe Reader 2017 to our associates. Auto Updates were left alone and show as enabled in both applicatons - however, when I check for updates, it says it fails due to system policy - not administrator rights issue, not a group policy issue.....beside this forum, there is literally no help on this, I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction - bupdate has been removed, check and mode are set properly in the registry....any help would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

One of the reasons could be that the package you deployed was created by applying previous patch to AIP (Admin Install Point)

Essentially what is deployed in such cases is not proper target for the patches that are released later. The proper target is baseline MSI installer.

To find out exactly why you have this result, you will need to enable verbose logging for ARM, try to update again, and provide AdobeARM.log file from the User Temp folder (you can send me log file privately).

Please search thi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the reasons could be that the package you deployed was created by applying previous patch to AIP (Admin Install Point)

Essentially what is deployed in such cases is not proper target for the patches that are released later. The proper target is baseline MSI installer.

To find out exactly why you have this result, you will need to enable verbose logging for ARM, try to update again, and provide AdobeARM.log file from the User Temp folder (you can send me log file privately).

Please search this forum for instructions on how to enable verbose logging for ARM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is exactly the issue AIP install with 30079 added - I will get you the log file, anyway I can recover from this?

Steve Dion | IT Systems Administrator

stevedion@coghlincompanies.com<mailto:stevedion@coghlincompanies.com> |O: (508) 929-4684

27 Otis Street, Westborough MA 01581

<http://www.coghlincompanies.com>

<https://www.facebook.com/coghlincompanies?fref=nf> <https://www.linkedin.com/company/coghlin-companies>

<https://twitter.com/coghlin_cos> <http://www.coghlincompanies.com>

This e-mail message is generated from Coghlin Companies, Inc. or one of its subsidiaries Columbia Electrical Contractors, Inc. d/b/a Columbia Tech or Cogmedix, Inc. If you are the intended recipient, any information herein is to be held as CONFIDENTIAL, and, if applicable, a Trade Secret, pursuant to any Non-Disclosure Agreement between the parties. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this e-mail information is prohibited. Additionally, the information may be subject to export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) and/ or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). This information shall not be exported, released, or disclosed to foreign nationals inside or outside the United States without first complying with the applicable export authorization requirements of the ITAR and/or the EAR. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete it from your computer system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Admins rarely use AIP methodologies these days. Bootstrapper is easier.

AIP doc is here if you need it: Administrative Installation Points — Enterprise Administration Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I am old school....I cant even figure out how to attach a file to a PM to you....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Steved,

Sorry for the delay in response.

To initiate a private message, take help of the steps provided here How Do I Send Private Message.

If you are trying to share any file, use the steps mentioned in this help link How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines