Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

deactivate VIP device IDs via APTEE or on Uninstall

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2016 Sep 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Issue:

Uninstall or UnSerialize do not remove VIP device ID from Admin Console.

Our University deploys CC with ETLA as well as VIP licenses.

To reduce maintenance and deployment complexity we try to use a single Installer Package for both licenses.

We deploy the ETLA version on all machines and switch to VIP if the device is supposed to use a VIP license, deactivating the ETLA license in the process.

(we would prefer to deploy an entirely unlicensed package and license it after Install, but the CC Packager does not allow for the creation of such a package)

Here are the commands I use to achieve this:

deactivate ETLA

"adobe_prtk.exe" --tool=UnSerialize --leid=V7{}CreativeCloudEnt-1.0-Win-GM --deactivate

activate VIP

"adobe_cc_licensefile_vip\AdobeSerialization.exe"

This works fine.

The other direction causes problems though:

deactivate VIP

"adobe_prtk.exe" --tool=UnSerialize --leid=V6{}CreativeCloudTeam-1.0-Win-GM --deactivate

activate ETLA

"adobe_cc-lic_etla_win_x64_de\AdobeSerialization.exe"

This does the job on the client but not the SERVER!

(adobe_prtk returns '0' for all commands)

The hostname of the Client still uses up one VIP license slot.

When I Uninstall (via MSI) I get the same result.

Any ideas how to automatically deactivate VIP device licenses when AdobeCC is removed from the Client or the license is deactivated?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2016 Sep 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you clarify whether you are using Device Licenses or Creative Cloud for Teams?

If using Device Licenses then when you created the serialization exe you will also get an unserializing file.

we would prefer to deploy an entirely unlicensed package and license it after Install, but the CC Packager does not allow for the creation of such a package)

You can do this with CCP. Log out and log back in to the 'Enterprise' option and create a Named User package. It does contain the Creative Cloud Desktop App as default but you can remove it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2016 Sep 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick response.

Yes, we use Device Licenses (hence the Hostname in the Admin Console).

The leid seemed to be identical with the Cloud for team one, as I could not find one specifically listed for VIP with Device Licenses.

And as unserializing worked on the client (adobe_prtk.exe returned 0), I assumed the command does the same thing as the unserializing file you mentioned.

I will try the unserializing file created along with the VIP Device License serialization file and come back to report if the the result is different.

Also thanks for the Named User package "workaround".

Would be great though, if unserialized (or trial) was an straight up option in CCP.

EDIT:

Just tested it for both and the RemoveVolumeSerial.exe seems to do nothing at all.

Used The ETLA Package created with CCP and removed the ETLA License by executing:

"adobe_prtk.exe" --tool=UnSerialize --leid=V7{}CreativeCloudEnt-1.0-Win-GM --deactivate

ETLA:

Used AdobeSerialisation.exe created with ETLA license -> Can launch Adobe Products. (Systeminfo: Licensetype: Perpetual)

Start RemoveVolumeSerial.exe created with ETLA license -> Can STILL launch Adobe Products. (Systeminfo: Licensetype: Perpetual)

Executed "adobe_prtk.exe" --tool=UnSerialize --leid=V7{}CreativeCloudEnt-1.0-Win-GM --deactivate -> Adobe Products will ask for trail period.

VIP (Device License):

Used AdobeSerialisation.exe created with VIP license -> Can launch Adobe Products. (Systeminfo: Licensetype: Subscription)

Start RemoveVolumeSerial.exe created with VIP license -> Can STILL launch Adobe Products. (Systeminfo: Licensetype: Subscription)

Executed "adobe_prtk.exe" --tool=UnSerialize --leid=V6{}CreativeCloudTeam-1.0-Win-GM --deactivate -> Adobe Products will ask for trail period.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe_prtk --tool=UnSerialize --leid=V6{}CreativeCloudTeam-1.0-Mac-GM --deactivate

adobe_prtk --tool=UnSerialize --leid=V6{}CreativeCloudTeam-1.0-Win-GM --deactivate

These commands should do it. Are the machines online? Device licensing is not an offline option.

You should be able to deactivate the device license in the Admin Portal. Manage your Adobe Creative Cloud for education device licenses

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The second command is the one I was using (we only deploy windows systems).

The PCs are Online during Installation. But now that I think about it, the ones with internal IPs sit behind a proxy.

I didn't consider that a problem as the activation always worked. I'll look into this by deploying on a PC with external IP.

I know that Device-licenses can be deactivated manually via Admin Portal,

we just tried to avoid the need to do so, as we change devices somewhat often.

Thank you for your time and the confirmation that we use the right commands.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines