• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deploy Reader DC

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2016 Jan 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to use MSIEXEC to install the AcroRead.msi via a batch file. This doesn't seem to want to install quietly without user interaction. Has anyone been able to deploy this quietly? Can someone help me out with this?

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 27, 2016 Jan 27, 2016

Please try the following commandline:

- If you are using MSI:

msiexec /i "Path to AcroRead.msi" /qn /L*v "Path to log file"

- If you are using AcroRdrDC1501020056_en_US.exe:

AcroRdrDC1501020056_en_US.exe -sfx_nu /sAll /msi /L*v "Path to log file"

Let us know if this worked.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, users are admin of their PC or not ?

If they are std user. Elevate to admin the script (double batch)

The start line is launched manually is working or not ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not all of them are admin users but I am and it will not work on my PC, Laptop or another computer I built with a local admin on it. I have tested this out on Windows 10 and Windows 7 running the batch as admin and simply running it. I have added my batch text below. Please review. I don't think the issue is with the batch, I think this version of Reader doesn't like to install without user interaction. I am just hoping that there is a way around this.

There is a parent batch file that does the net use command then runs this one, once done it will remove the net use path.

msiexec /a "O:\Install_Apps\AcroRead.msi" /qn /L*v O:\Log_Output\Install\Adobe_%computername%_%USERNAME%.log

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you not using GPO and msi directly.

Use package in exe. And try in your batch : acrobatDCany.exe /sAll or start "acrobatDCany.exe /sAll"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like the Acrobat Pro executable. I am trying to install the Reader DC. I have not been able to find a .exe for this unless it is the setup.exe or the installer "readerdc_en_ce_install.exe and neither one of those are working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the log output when I use one of the installers on that FTP site you linked. It does not seem to work either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2016 Jan 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try the following commandline:

- If you are using MSI:

msiexec /i "Path to AcroRead.msi" /qn /L*v "Path to log file"

- If you are using AcroRdrDC1501020056_en_US.exe:

AcroRdrDC1501020056_en_US.exe -sfx_nu /sAll /msi /L*v "Path to log file"

Let us know if this worked.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2016 Jan 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got this to work on Windows 10 but not yet on Windows 7. I had to download the Acrobat Customization Wizard and use that to create the transform file. Once done I was able to install this package silently. Now on to the OS version hurdle.

msiexec /a "O:\Install_Apps\Adobe_Reader_DC\AcroRead.msi" /quiet TRANSFORMS="O:\Install_Apps\Adobe_Reader_DC\AcroRead.mst" /L*v O:\Log_Output\Install\Adobe_%computername%_%USERNAME%.log

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines