Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deployment Adobe Reader with SCCM 2007 R3

Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2015 Oct 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have created a package with the following program to update all Adobe Reader (coming from any version (6, 7, 8, 9  to 10)

rem Installation Adobe Acrobat Reader 10.1.15 (for all client with version 10.x.x. and below)

net use \\CONFIGMGRSRV\D$\Applications\Adobe\Acrobat\10.1.15\Reader\AdbeRdr1000_mui_Std
msiexec.exe /i "AcroRead.msi" ALLUSERS=1 /q /norestart TRANSFORMS="AcroRead.mst"

net use \\CONFIGMGRSRV\D$\Applications\Adobe\Acrobat\10.1.15\Reader\AdbeRdr1010_mui_Std
msiexec.exe /i "AcroRead.msi" ALLUSERS=1 /q /norestart TRANSFORMS="AcroRead.mst"

net use \\CONFIGMGRSRV\D$\Applications\Adobe\Acrobat\10.1.15\Reader
rem installation update 10.1.15
msiexec /update AdbeRdrUpd10115.msp /norestat

if "%errorlevel%"=="0" cls &Echo Success.
if "%errorlevel%"=="1" cls &Echo Fail

exit 0

but the  update to 10 works but not the upgrade to 10.1.15, it sys that the program updated does not exist on the client???

Why?

Thanks,

Dom

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2015 Oct 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I noticed also that the items in Add/remove Programs are not consistent:

Reader10115-1.PNG

two items but on another machine I have only 1 item!!!

Reader10115-2.PNG

So several questions now:

Why only the MUI updates works on an 10.1.0 not MUI and not the regular 10.1.15 (Not MUI)?

Why the 10.1.0 does not show in Ad/Remove program?

Thanks,

Dom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first screenshot on top shows that you have Adobe Reader X English installed in one instance and Adobe Reader X MUI (Multilingual) in the other instance.  So essentially you have two Adobe Readers installed on one machine.

The second screenshot on botton shows only the Adobe Reader X MUI  (Multilingual) installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you call instance? I have only one server with supposedly only one reader active ???

Also why I am able to update manually 10.1.0 to 10.1.11 but never to 10.1.15?

Thanks,

Dom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Windows Programs Control Panel has two entries of the Adobe Reader X listed.  That means at some point the server was installed with Adobe Reader X ENU and Adobe Reader MUI (Multilingual).  I am not sure as to the reason why you haven't been able to update but the recommendation would be to remove both versions of Adobe Reader X, decide which version of Adobe Reader X or later that you want to exist on your server, and then install that version of Adobe Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will uninstall the MUI as I need only English...

the update is a real concern as I am blocked so far to 10.1.11 and the other updates failed saying the original product is not installed !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2015 Oct 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is the command file I am trying to use for the update:

rem installation update 10.1.16

msiexec /p AdbeRdrUpd10116.msp /qn /norestat

if "%errorlevel%"=="0" cls &Echo Success.
if "%errorlevel%"=="1" cls &Echo Fail

exit 0

What is worng as it does not work..

If  run locally the msp everything is fine

Thanks,

DOm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using the verbose logging switch  for MSI installations to see what happens during the failure.

Msiexec (command-line options)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks,

After checking there was a spelling error restat instead of restart..

Thanks,

Dom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines