• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Device licence in trial mode

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a user who already had dreamweaver cc installed but licence expired and dreamweaver was removed. I used adobe creative cloud packager to create a package for a device licence for dreamweaver cc and the user installed (via sscm) and it installed ok but it wont get out of trial mode, I have tried removing it again, using cleanup tool, re-installing and running the serialisation (with a base licence package) and it is still not picking up the licence.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is it possible that the user has signed in to an application on their machine, therefore invalidating your device license?

If so get them to sign out and then try applying the licensing file again.

Create packages with Adobe Creative Cloud for education device licenses

You can also forcibly remove any licensing associated with a sign-in by removing the opm.db file - this is not done by the cleaner tool or an uninstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks, we have done this and the software doesn't say its in trial mode however is not taking a licence from our pool. How can we tell if this still thinks it is a trial?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will get the trial message if it is a trial. The details of licenses in your device license pool may not update immediately.

One thing to beware of with device licenses is the Creative Cloud Desktop App. I would avoid deploying that if possible as users are often tempted to sign in thus causing a licensing issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is now end of trial and user no longer able to access software. i removed all traces of adobe, ran the adobe tool a few times, removed OPM.db . Packaged Dreamweaver with device licence through CCP (trying to take of cc desktop but it wouldn't let me package without it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked on the first device, thank you so much. About to try device number 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines