• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Difference between assets2.adobe.com and cloud.acrobat.com?

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Creative Cloud for teams plan. I'm logged in to all my devices with the same Adobe-account. When I use Adobe Scan on my iPhone, the files are stored to cloud.acrobat.com and I can access them from within Acrobat Pro DC on my PC but the files aren't showed in the folder Creative Cloud Files.

Only files stored in assets2.adobe.com shows up in Creative Cloud Files on my computer. Why is that? Do you have two sets of cloud storage services?

So, what is the difference between the two sets of cloud storage?

I run Windows 10 Pro (1709 build 16299.192), iOS 11.2.2 on iPhone 7 Plus.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Document Cloud and Creative Cloud storage are distinct and separate. Acrobat and related apps use Document Cloud.

See also Creative Cloud Files vs Document Cloud Files - What is the difference between them?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

There are some details here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/file-storage-quota.html

In a nutshell, document cloud is used to store documents and forms the storage backend for DC/Acrobat products.

While Creative Cloud storge (assets.adobe.com) is used for CC Files, CC Libraries, Cloud documents, collaboration, etc. You can, ofcourse, store PDFs on assets.adobe, but they're treated as normal files. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Document Cloud and Creative Cloud storage are distinct and separate. Acrobat and related apps use Document Cloud.

See also Creative Cloud Files vs Document Cloud Files - What is the difference between them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2019 Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an updated answer to this? The link provided doesn't seem to exist anymore. I can't seem to find straightforward information on the difference between assets.adobe.com and documentcloud.adobe.com. They both appear in browsers as though they work similarly to Google Drive and you just upload/download through the sites, but I know that's not entirely the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bumping this up to October, 2021, I would like to know: What is the difference between documentcloud.adobe.com and assets.adobe.com?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are some details here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/file-storage-quota.html

In a nutshell, document cloud is used to store documents and forms the storage backend for DC/Acrobat products.

While Creative Cloud storge (assets.adobe.com) is used for CC Files, CC Libraries, Cloud documents, collaboration, etc. You can, ofcourse, store PDFs on assets.adobe, but they're treated as normal files. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines