New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would like to perform the following

- disable the user to open PDF with java script

- but has the option to enable by GPO via AD security group

- The PDF location has to be limited in a specific folder under Enhanced Security -> privilege locations

There are few things I tried but cannot fulfill all the requirements

- First thing I did is to disable JS by the registry key  HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\JSPrefs\bEnableJS = DWORD:0

However, this will leave the user the option to select always "enable javascript" under hte YMB (Yellow Message Bar). Then the file can be added to  Security (Enhanced) -> Prileged Locations). The registry key will be added as well, e.g.  HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\TrustManager\cTrustedFolders\cAlwaysTrustedForJavaScript\tID = c:\trustedfolder

- To disable the YMB option, I tried to add this registry key to completely disable the add ability by HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\FeatureLockDown\bDisableTrustedFolders = DWORD: 1

However, this will even override the registry I put under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\TrustManager\cTrustedFolders\cAlwaysTrustedForJavaScript\tID = c:\trustedfolder

The above registry key I aim to just target to select users in AD group and filter by GPO, but will be override.

May I know any option I can fulfill all requirement

Best regards,

Chris

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone has any comment on this case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your question to the Enterprise Deployment (Acrobat and Reader) forum, where you're more likely to get a reply about this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure I understand the question. GPO is a deployment method. The other items are specific settings. Any setting can be set via GPO.

Let's leave GPO out of it. What do you want users to be able to do and not do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines