Highlighted

DPS Desktop Tools CS6 install hangs at the loginwindow

New Here ,
May 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to deploy the DPS Desktop Tools CS6 patch 26.0.0 using Munki. When the update is installed while a user is logged in, the installation completes successfully. However, when the installtion occurs at the loginwindow, it hangs. This occurs on both OS X 10.8.3 and OS X 10.7.5. If I force the machines to restart and login again, it appears that the update has been installed successfully as AAM no longer lists it as an available update (beyond that I do not know how to test the full functionality of the DPS update).

I (and others) have also experienced a similar problem under OS X 10.7.5 with the Illustrator CS6 16.0.4 update as well as the Photoshop CS6 13.0.4 update. Both of these updates install while a user is logged in, but hang when trying to install them at loginwindow.

Please let me know what steps I need to take to allow this packages to install correctly without manual intervention.

Thanks,

Harry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

DPS Desktop Tools CS6 install hangs at the loginwindow

New Here ,
May 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to deploy the DPS Desktop Tools CS6 patch 26.0.0 using Munki. When the update is installed while a user is logged in, the installation completes successfully. However, when the installtion occurs at the loginwindow, it hangs. This occurs on both OS X 10.8.3 and OS X 10.7.5. If I force the machines to restart and login again, it appears that the update has been installed successfully as AAM no longer lists it as an available update (beyond that I do not know how to test the full functionality of the DPS update).

I (and others) have also experienced a similar problem under OS X 10.7.5 with the Illustrator CS6 16.0.4 update as well as the Photoshop CS6 13.0.4 update. Both of these updates install while a user is logged in, but hang when trying to install them at loginwindow.

Please let me know what steps I need to take to allow this packages to install correctly without manual intervention.

Thanks,

Harry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?