Enable the Apps tab in Creative Cloud desktop app

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud Desktop app may display one of the following symptoms:

• The Apps tab is missing
  • The Apps tab displays the message: "You don't have access to manage apps."

If the Apps tab in the Creative Cloud desktop app on your computer is disabled, use one of the following methods to enable it:

• Some organizations control the apps you can install and therefore disable the Apps tab in the Creative Cloud desktop app. If you've received your Adobe plan from a school or organization, contact the IT Admin at your school or organization.
  • If you have an individual subscription plan, follow the steps on this page under 'Individual Plan users'

If you're the IT Admin at a school or organization, your can either:

TOPICS
Enterprise , Teams , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Hello found a solution. its says missing apps tab but it still applies to the issues you're having. I followed and it solved mine. So happy.

Windows: What should I do if I don't see an Apps tab? - YouTube

Mac: Adobe Creative Cloud Apps tab missing - YouTube

You're welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

To enable the Apps Tab, please sign out from the Creative Cloud Desktop App & then follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below.-

1.) Navigate to the following location. Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\Configs\ Mac OS: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/Configs/

2.) Locate the serviceconfig.xml file & copy it to your desktop folder. Open the file in Notepad (Windows) or TextEdit (MacOS).

3.) In the serviceconfig.xml file, change the value of AppsPanel from false to

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 129 Replies 129
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check this link, inorder to solve the issue.

https://bit.ly/33KAeWT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have the same problem but the YouTube video is super blurry, I dont know what he is adding and deleting. I need help 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I have a Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To enable the Apps Tab, please sign out from the Creative Cloud Desktop App & then follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below.-

1.) Navigate to the following location : /Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/Configs/

2.) Locate the serviceconfig.xml file & copy it to your desktop. 

Open the file in TextEdit. 

3.) In the serviceconfig.xml file, change the value of AppsPanel from false to true.

4.) Save & Close the serviceconfig.xml file.

5.) Relocate the same file to the original folder & overwrite the original file with the new file.

6.) Restart the machine. 

Hope, this will fix your issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following message keeps popping up and I dont know how to fix it. I have a newish Mac, from 2018.  And I dont have an IT admin. I already checked this video out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xJ36xe8JOY and its blurry, I cant really read what he is erasing or adding. If someone please could help me out! Screenshot 2020-04-02 at 19.04.49.png

Adobe #Creative Cloud Apps tab missing. No "Apps" tab in Creative Cloud app doesn't have access to manage apps You don't have permission. Contact your IT administrator. Creative cloud Creative Cloud App - can't manage apps; don't have an IT administrator. I keep getting the "You don't have access

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to make the video full screen to be able to read the names of the folders. Techburner above gave the written directions. If that doesn't work you have an IT issue.

"

1.) Navigate to the following location : /Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/Configs/

2.) Locate the serviceconfig.xml file & copy it to your desktop. 

Open the file in TextEdit. 

3.) In the serviceconfig.xml file, change the value of AppsPanel from false to true.

4.) Save & Close the serviceconfig.xml file.

5.) Relocate the same file to the original folder & overwrite the original file with the new file.

6.) Restart the machine."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a youtube video which was made by a friend recently that shows you step by step how to do this on mac. 

https://youtu.be/jr2jlngK4wU

This video explains how to manage your own applications wen you get the error message "You dont have access to manage apps" on your Mac computer. The path which you need to navigate to : /Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/Configs/ServiceConfig.xml Please like & Subscribe :)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've solved that problem. I did as shown in the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xJ36xe8JOY, but I changed both of them to true.

<config><panel><name>AppsPanel</name><visible>true</visible></panel><feature><name>SelfServeInstalls</name><enabled>true</enabled></feature></config>

Adobe #Creative Cloud Apps tab missing. No "Apps" tab in Creative Cloud app doesn't have access to manage apps You don't have permission. Contact your IT administrator. Creative cloud Creative Cloud App - can't manage apps; don't have an IT administrator. I keep getting the "You don't have access

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Windows and my Apps tab is available, and it says the same thing about not being able to manage apps.

I tried doing the thing you said but it still didn't work for me.
Anything i can do?

Jacob Lucas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found my serviceconfig.xml file and it is locked so I cannot edit it. My mac is personal. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can copy the serviceconfig.xml file to desktop, edit it and save it to the same location. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what the above video shows for the Adobe "you don't have permission manage to apps" issue in creative cloud: I modified the ServiceConfig.xml file in my mac (HDD>Library>Application Support>Adobe>OOBE>Configs>ServiceConfig.xml) changing the blue text below from false to true and then logged off and back in and it fixed it.

code now reads - <config><panel><name>AppsPanel</name><visible>true</visible></panel><feature><name>SelfServeInstalls</name><enabled>false</enabled></feature></config>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you may have this editing issue ("you don't own the file and don't have permission to write to it" ), but I duplicated the file and made change in the code from false to true (saving to desktop) and saved as unicode (UTF-8) with .txt extension with the same name (ServiceConfig). I then changed the file extension to .xml and replaced the file in the original folder (HDD>Library>Application Support>Adobe>OOBE>Configs>ServiceConfig.xml). That did the trick for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked!!!! Thanks!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting the "You don't have access to manage apps." in creative cloud desktop application when I try to install xd. 
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/apps-tab-missing.html?mv=product&mv2=accc#

I tried to communicate the support and they advised me to post the problem in the community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yaseryk, this error often occurs when the Creative Cloud Admin or the I.T. admin have disabled the ability to update the applications.  What type of Creative Cloud membership are you using?  Are you installing on a computer, and network, that you personally own and maintain?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.Well, I use the free membership plan, and I use mac laptop that I personally use myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update, Yaseryk. Please review the settings for any installed security software that may be preventing the installation. If you continue to receive errors, then please create a new administrator account and try installing under that account. If you need more information on how to accomplish this, then please update this public forum discussion with the operating system you are using on the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, i am just having the same issue. I am using a macbook pro under Mojave. we a have company contract with Adobe. I have uninstalled all my adobe programs because they were not managed by the Creative Cloud, and the App tab was not visible. Then, when i have reinstalled the CC desktop app, login and want to reinstall, i got this message "You don't have access to manage apps". I have tried several fixes and don't know how to do. I have an admin right to my Mac. Should I create a new one? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this could all be fixed is adobe bothered to make this a Serialized license. In Enterprise enviroments like schools this software cannot be used becuase we dont have management rights. so no-one including students can use this software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback, Kwincks, but that is no longer a limitation.  A Creative Cloud for Enterprise membership can work in a variety of secured environments.  You can find more about the types of licensing available at https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/using/licensing.html.

If you do attempt to use an individual membership, in a managed environment, then please make sure the computer has access to the servers and ports listed at https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/network-endpoints.html.  If this is not possible, then a Creative Cloud for Team or Enterprise membership will be the more appropriate choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem also and I know why - I just don't know how to fix it.

Here's what happened.
On my laptop I have installed my personal license for creative cloud and it all worked fine.  Then I tried to use my employers site license for create cloud and I downloaded the CC app from my employer (a university).  I didn't end up using that, and so I thought I deleted it and reverted to my old setup.   Trouble is now, I am getting this error that I require IT Admin support. 

It doesn't make sense as I ma now signed into CC using my personal account ID.

I think I need to uninstall everything and start over, but I am concerned that uninstalling LR will mean that I have to sync up all my photos again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I've found the solution - basically uninstall all Adobe CC apps and then use the cleaner tool to clean up everything else.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html#run-the-creativ...

Then resintall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did the trick for me:

1. Locate the ServiceConfig.xml file:
Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\Configs\ServiceConfig.xml
Mac OS: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/Configs/ServiceConfig.xml

2. Move/Copy the file to the Desktop

3. Open the ServiceConfig.xml using Text Edit for mac or Notepad for Windows.

4. Replace wherever you find "false" with "true" and make the change permanent by saving the file.

5. Move this file to the same location where you copied it from and replace the original file.
Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\Configs\ServiceConfig.xml
Mac OS: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/Configs/ServiceConfig.xml

6. Reboot the computer

7. Launch the Creative Cloud Desktop Application to find the Apps panel.

got this from this link but repeated here in case it goes bad:

hack_from_berkeley 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS solved the issue for me.  Before uninstalling everything and running the cleaner tool, I'd definitely reccomend attempting this solution first. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines