• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 1334 during install

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2005 Oct 31, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I created an installation of Adobe Acrobat 7.05. I installed Adobe Acrobat 7.0 to an Admin Install Point. Then I updated the install point with the 7.05 update. Then I used the InstallShield Tuner 7.0 for Adobe Acrobat to create an install package for Adobe Acrobat 7.05. I did this same thing with Reader and Elements and they all worked just fine. However, during the installation of Adobe Acrobat 7.05, I receive the following error: "Error 1334: The file 'AcroIF.dll' cannot be installed because the file cannot be found in the cabinet file 'Data1.cab'. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with the package." I looked in the Data1.cab file and AcroIF.dll is not in there. However, I cannot find this file anywere. I even searched on a system that has Acrobat 7.0 installed. I tried to search for this file on the Internet and came up with no results. Has anyone seen this error before? I cannot figure out how to fix this issue.
TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2005 Nov 02, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever have the Tryout version installed on this machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2005 Nov 03, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.

I've patched the Adobe Acrobat Pro 7.0 msi (AcroPro.msi) with the 7.0.5 patch (Ac705PrP_efgj.msp) using the command line switches available here..

http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/330817.html

At the command prompt I am typing the following to install an admin source location for acrobat with the 7.0.5 patch.

msiexec /a AcroPro.msi /p Ac705PrP_efgj.msp REINSTALLMODE=omus REINSTALL=ALL

The update completed, but when I run the new msi (which properly identifies itself as 7.0.5), I get the following error:

Error 1334: The file 'roman.txt_blahblahblah' cannot be installed because the file cannot be found in the cabinet file 'Data1.cab'. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with the package."

****Note: if I edit the MSI file to remove references to roman.txt, I then get the same error referencing file 'symbol.txt_blahblahblah'. Once again, if I edit the MSI to remove references to this file, then next time I run it, I get the same error but referencing 'acroif.dll'. This is the same one the original poster is getting.

This patch is horribly done. Not only are the usual longfilename issues present, but it looks like the patch can't be made to work using the command line switches THEY provide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2005 Nov 03, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are my recommendations to making an AIP for Acrobat 7.0.5.<br /><br />A) copy the package files to the hdd<br />B ) run Tuner against that package and make a transform<br />C) make an AIP with the following command msiexec /a acropro.msi transforms="acropro.mst" and specify a different directory than the original package directory.<br />D) Then copy the msp for 7.0.5 into the AIP dir and execute msiexec /p <patch name> /a acropro.msi - you probably don't need the reinstallmode stuff, although it won't hurt.<br />E) Then copy the mst from the original package directory and install to the AIP.<br /><br />That worked for me and I used it over a group policy object.<br /><br />If your installer is looking for the file in data1.cab it sounds like the Admin Install Point wasn't created properly since that file shouldn't exist.<br /><br />Plus thats pretty much the same process I used to patch an AIP for Office a while back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2006 Mar 14, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
I have exaclty the same error than pat connolly,

When I try to make my AIP, I have the error 1334 with the file Roman.txt_blablabla, but this file doesn't exist in the data1.cab.

Do you mean that this error comme from the 7.0.5 path, and we need do make the AIP with the original version and after launch the patch ?

Doesn't sometimes someone from Adobe come to see this forum ?

I'll just try again with some exoctic commands

Bye

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2006 Jun 22, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have both Acrobat and Reader installed to Admin Points with the patches applied with "msiexec /p patchName.msp /a Acrobat.msi". I used Tuner to make an .mst before applying the patches. Both work fine.

Now that 7.0.8 came out. I applied the patch to the 7.0.7 install of Reader in the same manner as above.

When Reader is launched I get "Error 1334 AdobeUpdateManager.exe.tmp.708 cannot be installed... cannot be found...".

I have tried to install with and without a .mst. I've even created a new one. But still get the same error.

In order to get the .msp file from the .exe file downloaded, I extracted the files using the cmd line instructions from Adobe. After applying the patch, 4 folders are created. AdobeUpdatemanager.exe.tmp.708 can be found in the program files folder (one of the 4 created by updating).
I do have a log file for the install. The installer is looking for it in Data1.cab. This cab is from 7.0.7.

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2006 Jul 18, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to get Acrobat Pro to update, but had to create a new admin install point, copy in the .mst I had already created, copy in patches 705, 707, and 708. Then apply each patch sequentially.
These instructions http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/330817.html
helped. But the string to install all patches at once did not work, and msiexec /p "patch pkg" /a mis name.msi is the correct install command.

Reader is another story. If I apply the patch to reader 7.0.7 it wants to create a new admin install point. Ok, so maybe Adobe changed the way to update reader. Why did they not create some findable documentation? Using the command "start /wait msiexec.exe /i \\_Acrobat.Update\Reader_7.0.7\Reader7.0.8.msi transforms=Reader7.0.8.mst /qb" I get the error "Installation package cannot be found..."

I'm puzzeled. Anyone else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 26, 2006 Jul 26, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will give my solution, clumsy though it is.

Preface: I had Acrobat Pro 7.0.3 installed and on upgrading got the dreaded error #1334.

Solution: I downloaded all three steps (7.0.5, 7.0.7 and 7.0.8) from the adobe site. Then put in the installation disk (in the case of CS2 it is installer disk 4) double click on 7.0.5 to upgrade. Reboot

After you are back up and running open and close the drive that has the installer disk on it (otherwise the installer won't know to look there). Double click on 7.0.7 to upgrade. Reboot.

Repeat for 7.0.8 (esp. opening and closing the drive with the installer disk). Reboot.

Tedious, but succesful.

Hope this helps,
Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2006 Dec 20, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Listen Man this is how I solved my error 1334 acrobat update problem:

Before we start let's make sure that:

a. PC is just started.
b. Disable all Anti-Virus and Anti-Spy during the install process.
c. delete all temp directory files by going to C:\Documents and Settings\[your login name]

\Local Settings\Temp. if this is difficult for you to do then download and install CCleaner

from http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/ this will help you easily clear the temp

dir.

now let's move on to INSTALLATION steps:

1. Create a folder on drive C:\ and name it TEMP. Now we have C:\TEMP

2. Download the update file and Save it to C:\TEMP

3. Download and install the fine freeware 7z archiver from http://www.7-zip.org/

4. Go to C:\TEMP and right-click on the update file for example it is

AdbeRdrUpd707_all_incr.exe THEN go to 7-zip in the menu then click on EXTRACT HERE. this

will extract the files of the installation package.

5. Click on the file with the *.msp extenstion in my 7.07 update it was Rdr707.msp

now installation will take a while just wait for it to finish then retsart and voila.

I hope that was helpful to you and good luck.

Dont forget if all went fine to delete the C:\TEMP folder.

Later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2007 Jul 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am installing the adobe flash cs3 9 . During installing power failure. So that installation will not complete.
Now when I again install the same programme it can't complete the installation. It somewhere stopping.
I also uninstall the programme from control panel. but the problame become same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2007 Jul 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nency,

Have you made sure that all of flash cs3 9 is removed? That means directories and registry entries. Also a good idea to empty the temp folder in the user directories. Normally the provided uninstaller that we access from the Control Panel is good, but other times it leaves files and folders behind. MS Office is a classic example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2008 Feb 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is old but I had the same problem and solved it.

PROBLEM: I had a network install point for Acrobat Standard v7. It is customized with the Tuner. I was patching it to 7.0.9. Acro708.msp failed with "1334 file Roman... not found". Per Adobe's KB article I downloaded and extracted the patch again. Got the same error indicating the same file. Clearly the problem is NOT package corruption.

SOLUTION
1. Create a local admin install point. DO NOT CUSTOMIZE it.
2. Patch the local install point. I did not have a problem installing any of the msps.
3. Copy the local install point to the network share.
4. Customize the network share.

HTH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is SOOOOOO typical of adobe. They just want you to buy the sh*t again, and again, and again. They CONSTANTLY give errors and then won't support the product they've sold you three, four times already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This error is such a scam, I extracted the data file with 7-zip, there are exactly ZERO "template" files in it, PROVING the error is a complete fiction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Michael28004132q3ui 

are you trying to install acrobat 7?

if not, what product are you trying to use?  do you see error 1334 when trying to install that product??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines