Highlighted

Error 1334 during install

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I created an installation of Adobe Acrobat 7.05. I installed Adobe Acrobat 7.0 to an Admin Install Point. Then I updated the install point with the 7.05 update. Then I used the InstallShield Tuner 7.0 for Adobe Acrobat to create an install package for Adobe Acrobat 7.05. I did this same thing with Reader and Elements and they all worked just fine. However, during the installation of Adobe Acrobat 7.05, I receive the following error: "Error 1334: The file 'AcroIF.dll' cannot be installed because the file cannot be found in the cabinet file 'Data1.cab'. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with the package." I looked in the Data1.cab file and AcroIF.dll is not in there. However, I cannot find this file anywere. I even searched on a system that has Acrobat 7.0 installed. I tried to search for this file on the Internet and came up with no results. Has anyone seen this error before? I cannot figure out how to fix this issue.
TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Error 1334 during install

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I created an installation of Adobe Acrobat 7.05. I installed Adobe Acrobat 7.0 to an Admin Install Point. Then I updated the install point with the 7.05 update. Then I used the InstallShield Tuner 7.0 for Adobe Acrobat to create an install package for Adobe Acrobat 7.05. I did this same thing with Reader and Elements and they all worked just fine. However, during the installation of Adobe Acrobat 7.05, I receive the following error: "Error 1334: The file 'AcroIF.dll' cannot be installed because the file cannot be found in the cabinet file 'Data1.cab'. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with the package." I looked in the Data1.cab file and AcroIF.dll is not in there. However, I cannot find this file anywere. I even searched on a system that has Acrobat 7.0 installed. I tried to search for this file on the Internet and came up with no results. Has anyone seen this error before? I cannot figure out how to fix this issue.
TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 31, 2005 0
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever have the Tryout version installed on this machine?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2005 0
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.

I've patched the Adobe Acrobat Pro 7.0 msi (AcroPro.msi) with the 7.0.5 patch (Ac705PrP_efgj.msp) using the command line switches available here..

http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/330817.html

At the command prompt I am typing the following to install an admin source location for acrobat with the 7.0.5 patch.

msiexec /a AcroPro.msi /p Ac705PrP_efgj.msp REINSTALLMODE=omus REINSTALL=ALL

The update completed, but when I run the new msi (which properly identifies itself as 7.0.5), I get the following error:

Error 1334: The file 'roman.txt_blahblahblah' cannot be installed because the file cannot be found in the cabinet file 'Data1.cab'. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with the package."

****Note: if I edit the MSI file to remove references to roman.txt, I then get the same error referencing file 'symbol.txt_blahblahblah'. Once again, if I edit the MSI to remove references to this file, then next time I run it, I get the same error but referencing 'acroif.dll'. This is the same one the original poster is getting.

This patch is horribly done. Not only are the usual longfilename issues present, but it looks like the patch can't be made to work using the command line switches THEY provide.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2005 0
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are my recommendations to making an AIP for Acrobat 7.0.5.<br /><br />A) copy the package files to the hdd<br />B ) run Tuner against that package and make a transform<br />C) make an AIP with the following command msiexec /a acropro.msi transforms="acropro.mst" and specify a different directory than the original package directory.<br />D) Then copy the msp for 7.0.5 into the AIP dir and execute msiexec /p <patch name> /a acropro.msi - you probably don't need the reinstallmode stuff, although it won't hurt.<br />E) Then copy the mst from the original package directory and install to the AIP.<br /><br />That worked for me and I used it over a group policy object.<br /><br />If your installer is looking for the file in data1.cab it sounds like the Admin Install Point wasn't created properly since that file shouldn't exist.<br /><br />Plus thats pretty much the same process I used to patch an AIP for Office a while back.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2005 0
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
I have exaclty the same error than pat connolly,

When I try to make my AIP, I have the error 1334 with the file Roman.txt_blablabla, but this file doesn't exist in the data1.cab.

Do you mean that this error comme from the 7.0.5 path, and we need do make the AIP with the original version and after launch the patch ?

Doesn't sometimes someone from Adobe come to see this forum ?

I'll just try again with some exoctic commands

Bye

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 14, 2006 0
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have both Acrobat and Reader installed to Admin Points with the patches applied with "msiexec /p patchName.msp /a Acrobat.msi". I used Tuner to make an .mst before applying the patches. Both work fine.

Now that 7.0.8 came out. I applied the patch to the 7.0.7 install of Reader in the same manner as above.

When Reader is launched I get "Error 1334 AdobeUpdateManager.exe.tmp.708 cannot be installed... cannot be found...".

I have tried to install with and without a .mst. I've even created a new one. But still get the same error.

In order to get the .msp file from the .exe file downloaded, I extracted the files using the cmd line instructions from Adobe. After applying the patch, 4 folders are created. AdobeUpdatemanager.exe.tmp.708 can be found in the program files folder (one of the 4 created by updating).
I do have a log file for the install. The installer is looking for it in Data1.cab. This cab is from 7.0.7.

Any ideas?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 22, 2006 0